The Official Danny Drinkwater Thread | Vital Football

The Official Danny Drinkwater Thread

Bit of a strange one, but got to give the guy a chance before people start jumping on his back. I personally thought we needed another centre mid anyway, although we are crying our for 2 strikers as well. 1 down at least 3 more please Deano

This seasons Tom Carroll? Hopefully not and he can prove all the doubters wrong, but this is quite an underwhelming signing

This is his last chance to play for anyone in the premier league IMO - he has a choice to do well and earn a transfer or be shit, sit on our bench, then wallow away at Chelsea earning 100k/wk before finally being consigned to mediocrity of the lower reaches of the championship or league one at 31.

If he has any brains or financial acumen he'll opt to make an effort.

He played in Leceisters great escape so that experience could be valuable.

Good luck to him, hope he performs. Wasn’t priority number 1 for me trying to turn around a player who has gone off the radar.

I suspect he’ll fall into that category of players where you look back in a decade and remember he played for Villa but didn’t do a lot, like Robert Pires or Grant Holt.

Good signing for where we are. Our midfield is hap hazard and needed strengthening. Hopefully he will do more of the leg work and free up Grealish to do the fancy stuff in the final third.

Welcome Premier league quality experience, now for 3 more players and a goalkeeper.

What a load of rubbish. We have signed a piss head who got banned from driving a few months ago, I hope he stays sober and does what his name says, and only drinks water. He could'nt make the Burnley team but he can make ours. I know we want some players but this is scraping the barrel. Another gate locked to stop him training ? Where's the striker ? even money bet we don't sign one.
After 65 years supporting my club the thing I've learnt is we never change

Great signing as a loan and could add some much needed quality to our midfield. No brainer especially with our injuries. Welcome Danny.

I don't care what he has done ot not done at other clubs (on the pitch JF) All that matters is what he does for us.

Hopefully it will be good , so let see first.

Agreed, you roll the dice. Looks a bizarre one to me, but if he does well here, then that is all that matters (as you acknowledge, on the pitch). But you also do look at past record to see what you are getting surely? Flopped twice, as CDX says, last chance saloon now. Hope he is fit, not sure how he can be with the lack of match time but hey ho, not my problem that, down to the medical set up and fitness coaches.

Hope he's not as big a **** as he appears, because our dressing room already looks fragile. No idea, but maybe (?!?!) he has a good reputation in the dressing room and that is what has attracted Smith. Just total speculation, no clue.

Don't like arrogant pricks like him who risk others driving whilst pissed, so my judgement is clouded, but meh if he helps keep us up, great, I can't be worrying about the morals of these sorts I guess.

Number one thing I'll be looking at, can be bring a bit of tempo to our midfield, maybe stop others strolling around.

I kept waiting for the likes of Lansbury to come good, now conceded. So a bit dubious bringing in a two team flop, but maybe he'll come determined and all will be well.

What a load of rubbish. We have signed a piss head who got banned from driving a few months ago, I hope he stays sober and does what his name says, and only drinks water. He could'nt make the Burnley team but he can make ours. I know we want some players but this is scraping the barrel. Another gate locked to stop him training ? Where's the striker ? even money bet we don't sign one.
After 65 years supporting my club the thing I've learnt is we never change

I'd lay a hefty wager we sign at least one striker before end of the month, quite possibly 2