The Official Danny Drinkwater Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

The Official Danny Drinkwater Thread

I thought he was good for 20 minutes today but then he ran out of puff. I've got no sympathy for that. Literally all you have to do all week is go to the gym and you're unfit? Not good enough.

Wish he’d fuck off, but as Smith has brought him in we all know how stubborn they are, so that’ll be 3 more months of trying to find out if he’s good potentially costing Smith his job.

Terrible, terrible signing. You can see he has no confidence, but that confidence comes from him being fit enough to play - which he isn’t.

It's so easy to overreact and go OTT after a performance like that, but I can honestly say I've seen better Sunday league players than Danny Drinkwater.

He can't tackle, he can't pass, he can't control the ball and he's get knocked off the ball by a 5 year old girl.

Absolute awful.

Conor must be scratching his head, losing his place to that!

He wouldn't be here if Super John hadn't been injured .

But he is. And he is awful. What a surprise. He has had one good season . Typical over hyped english player.

No question of his commitment. Hr clearly wants it but he simply can't DO it. Should not have started.

Made some rusty mistakes and was pushed off the ball far too easily a good few times, but he is starting to show glimpses of quality. There were a few real visionary long range passes overhead to Samatta. Hes making the sort of mistakes you see players make in preseason, it's such a shame hes not up to speed because he would be some player if he was at his best. Hopefully he gets there sooner rather than later.

He's so bad it begs the question why the hell is he being chosen to start games leaving better players on the bench?

He was poor today but the problem is our other options are Nakamba or Hourihane who are equally hit and miss. I guess we were desperate when we signed him but so far he’s looking like I thought he would be like, slow, off the pace and lacking quality

By the time he gets up to speed Mcginn will be back.

He was poor today but the problem is our other options are Nakamba or Hourihane who are equally hit and miss. I guess we were desperate when we signed him but so far he’s looking like I thought he would be like, slow, off the pace and lacking quality

By the time he gets up to speed Mcginn will be back.

Exactly. It was also obvious what we were getting from his no show at Burnley and no one will be supprised when he is released from the end of his contract with us.

Nakamba should have started.

This is the one signing I never understood and having full knowledge of how shyte he was for Burnley was surely a reason to stay well clear. He immediately looked atrocious again today, so far off the pace he may aswell stayed in the changing rooms. We are paying half his wage apparently, what a shocking transaction. Thing is we have done it again with this unknown from Swansea Baston. Harsh I know but he looked clueless when he came on, I think he touched the ball once when he teed up a spurs player for a shot on goal. Again we are paying a big chunk of his wages. Something is clearly wrong in this wonderful set up they keep telling us we have. Why sign players that are clearly finished and have shown us they are agin before we sign them up.

He's so bad it begs the question why the hell is he being chosen to start games leaving better players on the bench?

Because Smith brought him in, Managers are stubborn and like to prove their right even when they’re wrong.

Chopping and changing between Marv, Luiz and Drunkwaiter isn’t the right approach now. Start Marv and Luiz every game, at least they’re our players.

It's so easy to overreact and go OTT after a performance like that, but I can honestly say I've seen better Sunday league players than Danny Drinkwater.

He can't tackle, he can't pass, he can't control the ball and he's get knocked off the ball by a 5 year old girl.

Absolute awful.

You've actually described Hourihane to a tee there, amazing how we see things differently Hourihane is the biggest fanny in the squad , takes a decent free kick from certain positions that's it

Absolute awful.

Hourihane in fairness is an absolute non-entity of a player outside of set pieces and shooting.

Bottom line is that Nakamba should be the one always starting in that position. Hourihane offers zero protection and goes missing most of the time.

Hourihane in fairness is an absolute non-entity of a player outside of set pieces and shooting.

Bottom line is that Nakamba should be the one always starting in that position. Hourihane offers zero protection and goes missing most of the time.
I actually liked the combination of Douglas and Drinkwater. Yeah, Drinkwater made some rusty mistakes in possession but his vision and positioning is very good. The more minutes he plays, the better he looks. I think he will link up well with Samatta.

I agree Nakamba should be starting, ideally behind Douglas and Drinkwater (or McGinn when he returns) at the expense of Kourtney Hause.

I actually liked the combination of Douglas and Drinkwater. Yeah, Drinkwater made some rusty mistakes in possession but his vision and positioning is very good. The more minutes he plays, the better he looks. I think he will link up well with Samatta.

I agree Nakamba should be starting, ideally behind Douglas and Drinkwater (or McGinn when he returns) at the expense of Kourtney Hause.
Fair enough but Drinkwater's limitations are far more than rust, he's extremely weak and offers absolutely no protection, there's also little in the way of incision in his passing. Offers nothing for me.

I'm a massive fan of Hourihane, but I know he has some weaknesses and I'd have been happy to see him replaced by a better player.

Drinkwater is far far worse.

Nakamba has been awful lately too. Poor man's Reo Coker (who was also terrible).

Seems to me nakamba and Luiz can have off days and it gets shrugged off. Hourihane has one and he's lynched.

Yet out of the 4 of them he's the one most likely to have a positive impact on the game.

I thought it could turn out to be a great signing if he recaptured his Leicester form.
Afraid it’s not to be he looks like a 40 year old wobbling round the pitch!!
No excuses for lack of fitness even the most talentless can work on that