The Official Col Ewe Match Thread (Sponsored by Freight Rover Sherpa Leyland DAF Autoglass LDV Johnstone's Paint Trophy Shield Cup Thing) | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Official Col Ewe Match Thread (Sponsored by Freight Rover Sherpa Leyland DAF Autoglass LDV Johnstone's Paint Trophy Shield Cup Thing)

Haven’t seen much of Tutonda, but what little I have seen has been disappointing, he looks very poor.

Gills have woken up and created more chances and played more football than both teams put together did in the first hour - Kelman, O'Keefe, Reeves and Phillips all going pretty close in a 2-3 minute spell.

Gills have woken up and created more chances and played more football than both teams put together did in the first hour - Kelman, O'Keefe, Reeves and Phillips all going pretty close in a 2-3 minute spell.
You're right ST, thankfully, I was almost in danger of falling asleep in spite of what I am watching on the other monitor. Col. U. down to ten players but that still doesn't guarantee we'll get a result (one we like, I mean).

Tutonda's crossing is abysmal - I don't think I've ever seen one of his actually falling anywhere near one of his team-mates. Like a few others here, I have not been impressed by him at all. He is an athlete, no doubt about it, I doubt very much he is a league 1 level footballer.

All over them now. The latest chance being Kelman showing great skill ands speed to create a chance on his own from the wing, cutting in to the box and ready to pull the trigger and, for some reason, Reeves does a much better job than the Col U defence did of intercepting him, steals the shot and fluffs it wide. Reeves is a player I haven't been impressed with at all since he joined us and has not changed that with that incident which could cost us the game. Just fluffed another one too. Cuing up him to prove me wrong...

All over them now. The latest chance being Kelman showing great skill ands speed to create a chance on his own from the wing, cutting in to the box and ready to pull the trigger and, for some reason, Reeves does a much better job than the Col U defence did of intercepting him, steals the shot and fluffs it wide. Reeves is a player I haven't been impressed with at all since he joined us and has not changed that with that incident which could cost us the game. Just fluffed another one too. Cuing up him to prove me wrong...

Reeves hasn’t impressed me although Kerman looks more than promising to me, quite spells but always a danger and good positioning

A deserved win in the end, albeit against a poor side who were down to 10 with an injury, having used all their subs, but we pressed it home well at the end and created a number of chances. Kelman impressed more as the game went on - definite pace and skill, but looked very one footed on a couple of occasions. Carayol is starting to look luck a great signing - very much changed the game when he came on - a constant threat down the left and pace to burn. Nice goal too at the end. TBF, a good cross field ball by Reeves, but it was all about Carayol creating a chance with his pace down the left wing and a great cross to Mackenzie who finished well.

That's the second game this season (the other being Morecambe) where we've switched to a flat 4-4-2 and used width and looked a lot more dangerous. All in a good run out for some senior players, some youngsters and reserves, plus a new player after a 10 day break, which we needed.

New lad shows promise , that's for sure.
Well done Gills tonight.
Roll on Burton , Oliver & Kelman up front 👍

Yes, and Karayol must start too - with Cumming, Max, Tucker, Mackenzie, Dempsey (back) and O'Keefe all certain starters, there are probably only two places up for grabs.

Carayol to the rescue, turning out to be a decent signing.
Mate of mine is a Boro supporter and he was saying how great a player he was. I played it down at the time as that was a few years ago but from what I have seen to date maybe as good as if not better than Jordan Graham, that said I don’t thing Totonda is a replacement in the same class as Connor Oglivie

I wonder if it was more hope than expectation with Tutonda. If Ogilvie had of signed he would have been a bench warmer for a season at least. Given he was almost certainly a reasonable wage earner perhaps the signing was more understandable.

Not been said but what a sweet left footer by Ben Reeves onto Carayol’s boot for him to cross for the goal.
Quality.