The Official Col Ewe Match Thread (Sponsored by Freight Rover Sherpa Leyland DAF Autoglass LDV Johnstone's Paint Trophy Shield Cup Thing) | Vital Football

The Official Col Ewe Match Thread (Sponsored by Freight Rover Sherpa Leyland DAF Autoglass LDV Johnstone's Paint Trophy Shield Cup Thing)

HerrLjunga

Vital 1st Team Regular
We play Col Ewe tonight (7.30pm kick-off) in a match only fractionally more meaningful than our pre-season friendly against them back in July. A repeat of that 2-0 Gills win would be nice, but frankly, I have little enthusiasm for this competition, a stance seemingly adopted by the management team in recent seasons.

The game will take place at their boxy, identikit stadium in the arse end of nowhere and will feature a mix of our promising kids with whatever walking wounded we can get on the pitch, versus what appears to be Ipswich Town's side from last season; Colchester having spent the summer signing anyone previously associated with Portman Road. Tickets for the game are optimistically priced at £12 should you wish to brave the Dartford Crossing to make the game.

Our Essex chums have not exactly flown out of the traps this season, boasting just one win in all competitions and that against the chronically woeful Oldham. They've not conceded many (4 in 5 league games), but have struggled to score with two of their four goals coming from the penalty spot and another being an OG. Still, when your Number 9 is Frank Nouble maybe that's not such a surprise.

I'd do a longer intro post, but this competition is so flagrantly tinpot it doesn't deserve it.

Still, COYG I suppose!

Pretty strong side out tonight:

Chapman, Lintott, Ehmer, Tucker, Tutonda, McKenzie, O'Keefe, Phillips, MacDonald, Lloyd, Kelman

Subs: Cumming, Akehurst, Bennett, Reeves, Adshead, Sithole, Carayol

Still no sign of Akinde

What a surprise Mark Makinde isn't playing or even on the bench..... barsteward!

Have to get used to watching us in red with Colchester playing in what looks like a Gills kit....

Pretty dull so far. Col U the brighter, but seem to be falling over and going down for everything, which has sucked the ref in as well as Lloydie with two "I don't think we can have too many complaints about that" as the ref gives another soft one and one "dare one say" so far.

I told the missus I really needed the season ticket this year as it would save money (uhum) so I really feel I have to watch, just to make sure I don't have to sleep in the spare bedroom tonight. Pretty dire at the moment, thankfully I have two monitors and can do other things while feigning watching.

I told the missus I really needed the season ticket this year as it would save money (uhum) so I really feel I have to watch, just to make sure I don't have to sleep in the spare bedroom tonight. Pretty dire at the moment, thankfully I have two monitors and can do other things while feigning watching.

lol won’t ask what you are looking at on the other monitor :wagging:

Watching isn't the problem, I have to make sure that the sound is muted, bit difficult to explain how footballers can scream almost as if they're....... well, you know......
Sort her out AF.
Myself missus is currently on the computer working while I’m listening on my phone with the air pods in 😂
Ps Sky sports news on silent to keep abreast of other games 👍

Absolute toilet so far. We have created nothing and have no attacking threat without a big man up there - understandably, not risking Big V and Big John McCammon nowhere to be seen again. To be fair, Col U are only marginally better and have created nothing of note, bar Max fluffing an easy clearance and falling over and allowing them a break that came to nothing and a soft free kick from the edge of the box, which Chapman saved easily, but made look better than it was - very weak. The ref hasn't helped by blowing up for everything - to be fair against both teams, but Col U with their falling over every 10 seconds have benefitted more which culminated in Lintoff being booked for nothing, which, dare one say, even Lloydie called soft.