The Official Cheltenham Town Match Thread 3 - The Crappening (Sponsored by Tena for Men "for all your bed-wetting needs") | Vital Football

The Official Cheltenham Town Match Thread 3 - The Crappening (Sponsored by Tena for Men "for all your bed-wetting needs")

HerrLjunga

Vital 1st Team Regular
Having unsurprisingly lost on Saturday to a side who had previously managed just a single win all season, we renew acquaintances with Cheltenham tonight for the third time in 16 days.

Things are looking increasingly bleak at all levels of the club, but I won't concentrate on that for fear of being labelled a "negative bed-wetter". Instead, I'll turn my attentions to all the positive news and activities at the club currently........

Apparently Tommy T Trublu and his sidekick Tammy helped out with the food bank collection at Tesco in Strood on Friday, that's a good bit of PR, although Tommy was told off for sneaking complementary tickets for the Brian Moore Stand into the packaging of various foodstuffs. People would rather have an extra can of value beans, he was told. Also, there's now officially enough spare capacity at Priestfield for each supporter to have a seat for each bum cheek at no extra cost, or to lie supine in the manner of Jacob Rees-Mogg in the House of Commons in the event that our sparkling, expansive football fails to sufficiently hold the attention.

Again, it would be negative and bed-wettery to mention the injuries we have, so lets focus on the positive impact that regular first team football must be having on the children (yes, CHILDREN!) currently being asked to play third tier football on a regular basis. Also, lets look at the benefits that Dempsey, Oliver, McKenzie, Lloyd, Lee, Reeves, MacDonald, Tutonda and Bennett will be enjoying as a result of their extended rest from football. Also to be welcomed is the beneficial opportunity for the suspended O'Keefe to reflect on his behaviour in picking up bookings with alarming regularity. He will surely return a zen master.

The uncertainty around our current managerial position is also a boon; by keeping everyone on their toes and in the dark it keeps the fan-base interested in the goings-on at the club, will he, won't he, who's next? Thrilling.

See? Positive!

If you're going tonight, you're either a hero or a glutton for punishment. I am glad it's my turn to put the kids to bed tonight as by the time they're asleep the first half will have concluded, meaning I only need to listen to 45 minutes of Lloydy saying "if we can just score one we might be in with a chance".

COYG!

Last edited:
I am glad it's my turn to put the kids to bed tonight as by the time they're asleep the first half will have concluded, meaning I only need to listen to 45 minutes of Lloydy saying "if we can just score one we might be in with a chance".
COYG!

I had to read the above bit several times.

The first time I read that I thought you were implying that you made your kids listen to the football as a way of getting them to sleep and that you'd only need to listen to the first half as they should fall asleep before the half is over.

I had to read the above bit several times.

The first time I read that I thought you were implying that you made your kids listen to the football as a way of getting them to sleep and that you'd only need to listen to the first half as they should fall asleep before the half is over.

Now there's an idea...

Good post herr. Not sure if I am looking forward to being there tonight or not.

Might be lonely in Block 6.

Last edited:
Having unsurprisingly lost on Saturday to a side who had previously managed just a single win all season, we renew acquaintances with Cheltenham tonight for the third time in 16 days.

Things are looking increasingly bleak at all levels of the club, but I won't concentrate on that for fear of being labelled a "negative bed-wetter". Instead, I'll turn my attentions to all the positive news and activities at the club currently........

Apparently Tommy T Trublu and his sidekick Tammy helped out with the food bank collection at Tesco in Strood on Friday, that's a good bit of PR, although Tommy was told off for sneaking complementary tickets for the Brian Moore Stand into the packaging of various foodstuffs. People would rather have an extra can of value beans, he was told. Also, there's now officially enough spare capacity at Priestfield for each supporter to have a seat for each bum cheek at no extra cost, or to lie supine in the manner of Jacob Rees-Mogg in the House of Commons in the event that our sparkling, expansive football fails to sufficiently hold the attention.

Again, it would be negative and bed-wettery to mention the injuries we have, so lets focus on the positive impact that regular first team football must be having on the children (yes, CHILDREN!) currently being asked to play third tier football on a regular basis. Also, lets look at the benefits that Dempsey, Oliver, McKenzie, Lloyd, Lee, Reeves, MacDonald, Tutonda and Bennett will be enjoying as a result of their extended rest from football. Also to be welcomed is the beneficial opportunity for O'Keefe to reflect on his behaviour in picking up bookings with alarming regularity. He will surely return a zen master.

The uncertainty around our current managerial position is also surely a boon, by keeping everyone on their toes and in the dark it keeps the fan-base interested in the goings-on at the club, will he, won't he, who's next? Thrilling.

See? Positive!

If you're going tonight, you're either a hero or a glutton for punishment. I am glad it's my turn to put the kids to bed tonight as by the time they're asleep the first half will have concluded, meaning I only need to listen to 45 minutes of Lloydy saying "if we can just score one we might be in with a chance".

COYG!
Excellent. Made me smile and feel guilty for not going. On holiday and at this moment in a tea shop in Southwold having discovered yet another so called traditional establishment that hasn't got a f###ing clue how to make a proper pot of tea. This country is doomed.

Anyway, will be back for Pompey on Saturday. Respect to all who attend this evening.

UTG's

Excellent. Made me smile and feel guilty for not going. On holiday and at this moment in a tea shop in Southwold having discovered yet another so called traditional establishment that hasn't got a f###ing clue how to make a proper pot of tea. This country is doomed.

Anyway, will be back for Pompey on Saturday. Respect to all who attend this evening.

UTG's
Southwold ?
Do you have any idea how middle class you have become 😂😂😂

Again, it would be negative and bed-wettery to mention the injuries we have, so lets focus on the positive impact that regular first team football must be having on the children (yes, CHILDREN!) currently being asked to play third tier football on a regular basis. Also, lets look at the benefits that Dempsey, Oliver, McKenzie, Lloyd, Lee, Reeves, MacDonald, Tutonda and Bennett will be enjoying as a result of their extended rest from football. Also to be welcomed is the beneficial opportunity for the suspended O'Keefe to reflect on his behaviour in picking up bookings with alarming regularity. He will surely return a zen master.

The uncertainty around our current managerial position is also a boon; by keeping everyone on their toes and in the dark it keeps the fan-base interested in the goings-on at the club, will he, won't he, who's next? Thrilling.

See? Positive!

COYG!
Well I'm going tonight in the R End with the attitude that although we're playing reserves and youngsters and are probably in line for a defeat, let's get behind the lads and encourage them on and be loud and proud. A bit like when we're playing a team from a higher division in an FA Cup match, you never know. COYG!

Well I'm going tonight in the R End with the attitude that although we're playing reserves and youngsters and are probably in line for a defeat, let's get behind the lads and encourage them on and be loud and proud. A bit like when we're playing a team from a higher division in an FA Cup match, you never know. COYG!

This is admirable DC, good on you (and thank you) (y)

I'm so torn between that mindset vs laying out an extra £10 for the video ticket which avoids fuel & parking costs PLUS affords the warm sofa with free flowing booze at home. There's also a 45mins earlier bedtime for a (non-shivering) kid with a home viewing too.

iFollow availability on Tuesday's is no doubt a contributing factor as to why "average" attendances will be down this season IMO. I'd love to know the viewing figures to see if the audience is actually bigger than "normal"...

As an STH, if I watch at home, the club ultimately gets more money, right? Plus I don't have to listen to the bell-end who sits behind us, moaning even before a ball is kicked!

This is admirable DC, good on you (and thank you) (y)

I'm so torn between that mindset vs laying out an extra £10 for the video ticket which avoids fuel & parking costs PLUS affords the warm sofa with free flowing booze at home. There's also a 45mins earlier bedtime for a (non-shivering) kid with a home viewing too.

iFollow availability on Tuesday's is no doubt a contributing factor as to why "average" attendances will be down this season IMO. I'd love to know the viewing figures to see if the audience is actually bigger than "normal"...

As an STH, if I watch at home, the club ultimately gets more money, right? Plus I don't have to listen to the bell-end who sits behind us, moaning even before a ball is kicked!

Get down the football both of you and suffer. Get down there early, suffer more, and offer it up. A loving, caring deity will hear you. Won't make any difference to the result, but your penance account will be in credit.

Yep you are contributing twice.

You don't sit in Block 6 do you - asking for a friend 😉

I'm not going, though nothing unusual for me as mid week games are a pain to get to.

I'll listen whilst I'm sat on the sofa whilst my wife watches a load of drivel on tv

Southwold ?
Do you have any idea how middle class you have become 😂😂😂
Yes, guilty. Shameful of me. Beach huts selling for £80k+ apparently ffs. Higher house prices than London. A cup of "tea" was the most I was prepared to cough up for.

Ps. Just a little aside that I have a little chuckle at 3x6 "liking" any post that someone does that argues against me or has a dig at me (I know this one is in jest Shotshy). Hope he continues btw.

Yes, guilty. Shameful of me. Beach huts selling for £80k+ apparently ffs. Higher house prices than London. A cup of "tea" was the most I was prepared to cough up for.

Ps. Just a little aside that I have a little chuckle at 3x6 "liking" any post that someone does that argues against me or has a dig at me (I know this one is in jest Shotshy). Hope he continues btw.

I don't think he does, you tit...