The Official Bristol Rovers Match Thread (sponsored by Siderian "for all your metal needs") | Vital Football

The Official Bristol Rovers Match Thread (sponsored by Siderian "for all your metal needs")

HerrLjunga

Vital 1st Team Regular
Welcome one and all to the Official Bristol Rovers Match Thread (sponsored by Siderian "for all your metal needs").

I would firstly like to apologise for my tardiness in starting this thread following my landslide victory. I had a couple of Leffe's yesterday evening to dull a hard day at work and was awoken about 11 by my wife because my snoring was apparently disrupting her televisual viewing.

I would also like to thank my parents, my wife and my children for all their support in helping me to win this vote to commence what will, I'm sure, prove to be the thread of the season.

Bristol Rovers are a team familiar to many. Their blue and white quarters standing out among a slew of template kits across our fair leagues, while their management style has raised eyebrows for its revolutionary "here today, gone tomorrow" approach.

They have a side that on paper was tipped for success, however, Agents Ehmer and Hanlan have played their roles to perfection, allowing us three points earlier in the season and ensuring the club nestles towards the lower echelons of the division. God, it must be grim to be a fan of the teams down there.

And so, onto the game tomorrow. Agent Ehmer is apparently a doubt for the game, which is a shame as he had some new tricks to show us, having been training all season at Billy Smart's Circus.

Whether Rovers' twelfth manager of the campaign will select Agent Hanlan to dazzle us with his quick feet and dubious end product remains to be seen.

In conclusion, men kick ball on patch of grass tomorrow. The End.

PS - As is traditional, I shall be forfeiting my right to watch the game in favour of the dulcet tones of Peter Parker and his assistant, The Screecher.

Last edited:
Welcome one and all to the Official Bristol Rovers Match Thread (sponsored by Siderian "for all your metal needs").

I would firstly like to apologise for my tardiness in starting this thread following my landslide victory. I had a couple of Leffe's yesterday evening to dull a hard day at work and was awoken about 11 by my wife because my snoring was apparently disrupting her televisual viewing.

I would also like to thank my parents, my wife and my children for all their support in helping me to win this vote to commence what will, I'm sure, prove to be the thread of the season.

Bristol Rovers are a team familiar to many. Their blue and white quarters standing out among a slew of template kits across our fair leagues, while their management style has raised eyebrows for its revolutionary "here today, gone tomorrow" approach.

They have a side that on paper was tipped for success, however, Agents Ehmer and Hanlan have played their roles to perfection, allowing us three points earlier in the season and ensuring the club nestles towards the lower echelons of the division. God, it must be grim to be a fan of the teams down there.

And so, onto the game tomorrow. Agent Ehmer is apparently a doubt for the game, which is a shame as he had some new tricks to show us, having been training all season at Billy Smart's Circus.

Whether Rovers' twelfth manager of the campaign will select Agent Hanlan to dazzle us with his quick feet and dubious end product remains to be seen.

PS - As is traditional, I shall be forfeiting my right to watch the game in favour of the dulcet tones of Peter Parker and his assistant, The Screecher.

Superb. A very touching and eloquent acceptance speech worthy of the Oscars that had me welling up at points.

Rather spoilt by the reminder that we await the Screecher tomorrow but overall a great debut.

Brilliant, well done Herr. Looking forward to 1pm tomorrow.

I still think there should be a re-count...... one of the other candidates has suggested a number of postal votes went missing (allegedly) prior to the closing date.

Just kidding, well done Herr and a really good acceptance speech. I'm thinking that we should possibly make the introductions compulsory and who knows, maybe even hold an end of season competition out of them to see whose effort was the best. This effort is surely my favourite for the moment.

Congratulations ( through gritted teeth)
A pretty good effort for a first attempt. 👍

Given that The Gas have three Gills legends in Mad Max, perennial protege Brandon and the consistently unlucky Josh Hare, I’m expecting a tough match with Gills winning 1-0 with a late goal going in off Akinde’s backside.

I still think there should be a re-count...... one of the other candidates has suggested a number of postal votes went missing (allegedly) prior to the closing date.

Just kidding, well done Herr and a really good acceptance speech. I'm thinking that we should possibly make the introductions compulsory and who knows, maybe even hold an end of season competition out of them to see whose effort was the best. This effort is surely my favourite for the moment.
He's set the bar so high I don't think many will take on the challenge. He may well have nabbed the job full time.

I think Herr is cynically using this honour to promote his band with free advertising.

As a protest I refuse to watch them perform until at least March this year.