The Axel Tuanzebe Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Axel Tuanzebe Thread

Isn't Elphick slow and crap? One thing I trust Bruce on, is to judge a central defender. I think he is also concerned around our lack of pace.

I have to be honest, I am against this.

With Terry, Chester, Elphick , Jedinak and even Hutton who can play there , as well as Samba if he gets fit, i really cannot see any point.

I would prefer to promote a youngster of our own, probably Suliman.

I hope we are not creating another Gary Gahill here where our youngsters leave as they are overlooked.

I saw no indication that Axel wants to stay with us. Perhaps he won't have a choice but he's 3rd choice at best, or at least he should be.

The Gary Cahill thing was different. He was well in the first team picture at the time. He'd played 28 games for us. That one is purely down to MON and his belief that Zat Knight was better. Incredibly bizzare.

In terms of giving our youth players a chance though we have to trust our coaches to know if they are ready. If they don't think they are, and believe Axel is then I'm happy with that. I'd love Suliman to make it. But if Axel is better and makes it then great.

If you dont see any point here's a few.

1) It allows us to move on Elphick, get a fee and reduce the wages.
2) It allows us to impress the kid
3) It allows the kid to impress us
4) No kid ever breaks through under Mourinho so when he's shown the door, if points 2 and 3 have gone well we'll be in pole position to snap him up permanently.
5) Samba and Terry will probably move on next year... we need to plan for the future.

Again, I'm in agreement I'd love our kids to make the step up but I trust the coaches if they dont think they are ready.

If this lad is better than what wee have then fine , I don't mind from a pragmatic point of view having him with us for 3 months or so if he helps us get promoted.

This romantic notion of playing the kids is out of the window at the moment , we can't afford to experiment (and that is what it would be) with Suliman for instance when it is fast approaching squeaky bum time. O'Hare no problem as I think most of us can see that he is well capable of playing at this level.

if the romantic notion of playing kids is out of the window
errm - why are we taking a kid on loan (with 1 minute of Prem playing time this season) which sounds very much like the experiment we can't afford ?

and on the other points above

If you dont see any point here's a few.

1) It allows us to move on Elphick, get a fee and reduce the wages.
We're in with a shout of £100 mill of Prem money - Elphick fee and wages would be the square root of fa in comparison

great if there's an option to buy but otherwise cobblers really

4) No kid ever breaks through under Mourinho so when he's shown the door, if points 2 and 3 have gone well we'll be in pole position to snap him up permanently.
Rashford ?
This lad hasn't had a game despite injuries to Jones,Smalling,Rojo,Valencia and Ashley

5) Samba and Terry will probably move on next year... we need to plan for the future.
Again without the option to buy I don't think it's a great help tbh

Anyway he's here now so hopefully his probably guaranteed playing time doesn't derail a tilt at promotion
ho hum

We will have to trust Bruce on whether the lad is good enough , but Axel has played more PL games and more CL games than Suliman and O'Hare for that matter , so you would think he is far less of a experiment than most.

BodyButter - 26/1/2018 10:20

That's a fair point, Dean. I just wish we weren't taking so many of these guys on loan.

Yeah I'm with the majority on that one, the system sucks and needs revamping.

But the system is there so we have to play it. Otherwise we're at a disadvantage.

yep true enough -
4 appearance in the prem last season (subbed off twice)
and 18 minutes in the Champs league
is more than our own youngsters but think we'll have to agree to disagree that that constitutes far less of an experiment.

Anyway perhaps he's just cover for Bruces last signing at centrehalf so maybe his inexperience won't be an issue

(ps think his name is misspelt if this is the official thread)

BringbakMON - 26/1/2018 10:46

great if there's an option to buy but otherwise cobblers really

There's always an option to buy eventually under Mourinho. Kids dont get a chance.

Rashford ?

Rashford was already an England international when Mourinho took over. He didn't bring him through. He is well renowned for not bringing kids through.

Like most not a fan of loans but needs must and for me its a needed signing JT great player and highly rated as he is could pick up another injury (god forbid) or if Chester was unlucky at least we would have cover,and in the odd game may be able to rest JT if the lads as good as some reckon. We all saw the situation when Terry and Samba got injured if Elphick had gone at the start of the season we would have been right in the poo.Having seen what happened with Onama who was supposed to be Spurs next big hope I will reserve judgement on the lad but understand the reasons why we have signed him.

I read that Kevin Macdonald wants Suliman to go out to league 1 on loan, which would suggest he is not ready for the championship yet. He played for England u19’s but let’s not kid ourselves, that is a youth development tournament and if you look at the squads there aren’t many players who you will have heard of or have even made a handful of senior club appearances. I’m not knocking the kid for what he has achieved but fans have to be realistic with what they expect from a youth player.

This Tuanzebe lad is highly rated by Man U, who want to win the premier league and are only going to interested in the best youth players to begin with anyway. Johnstone was their 3rd/4th choice keeper but was good enough to come straight into our first team. I expect Tuanzebe is better than any of our young defenders and would be good enough to immediately step into the squad and play games in the championship, which is why we’ve signed him instead of promoting our own

The aim is Promotion..... it's got to be.

So as our hands are tied with this damn FFP rot, we have to go down the loan route. To me, it's a no brainer and as previously stated, Axel obviously has more experience at a higher level than our youngsters so it has to be a good move.

Every little helps.

Anybody know if this fella has guaranteed to play clause?

Can’t see his club letting him leave unless he is guaranteed to play.

Only other reason is he can train with John Terry.

What Steve Bruce had to say about the arrival of Axel Tuanzebe.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524176">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

so looks like he's made assurances to Man utd that he will be played. Not surprised, said in the article when he first came that there is no use him swapping one bench with another.

If he can help us up to the Prem, it will have been a very astute loan, despite the fact I hate loans!