The Axel Tuanzebe Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Axel Tuanzebe Thread

If Gomes was any good, Liverpool wouldn't be selling him.

They have mugged off quite a few teams with the "promising" youngsters. I think that spending £25m on Brewster was a big part of why Wilder was sacked from Sheff Utd.

As for Axel, I never understood the logic of the loan deal. It's better that he is moved on. No hard feelings or anything but he thinks he is better than us and we think we are better than him.

If Gomes was any good, Liverpool wouldn't be selling him.

They have mugged off quite a few teams with the "promising" youngsters. I think that spending £25m on Brewster was a big part of why Wilder was sacked from Sheff Utd.

As for Axel, I never understood the logic of the loan deal. It's better that he is moved on. No hard feelings or anything but he thinks he is better than us and we think we are better than him.
To be charitable to Gomez he has a lot more than the other 'prospects' they sold. He has over 152 appearances for Liverpool and a handful of England caps.

The 7-2 performance has somewhat tarnished him for me and he's gradually playing less and less for them (which is why he would be available) but I'd be tempted to file him in the 'worth the risk' category given where we are.

The upside is if we could get the best out of him then we have a good player on our hands.