The Axel Tuanzebe Thread | Vital Football

The Axel Tuanzebe Thread

So this is sort of half positive and half negative. The negativity isn't to the player though and it will be interesting to see what sort of a role he will play.

Starting to think that it might well be the holding role.

These loans... modern football... oh ffs... What's happened to 'my' football?!

I wouldn't say a feeder club. With Sam Johnstone we're hoping to buy the lad. With Axel Taunzebe, it's slightly different. Manure wants him to gain more experience and we want that extra bit of experience he already has, to help us get across the line.

We don't stand a chance of buying him as Mourinho values his too highly, it just benefits everyone concerned in my humble....

doesn't benefit our academy or the players being blocked from coming in to be fair?

He can also play in midfield l .

I wonder if we may have said. Ok we will give this lad some experience IF you let us sign Johnstone in the summer ?

Yes, quite possibly he'll do the Jedinak/Whelan role as they pick up a fair few injuries.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is coming in to replace Elphick being sold to some club probably in the Championship?

Are we going to see him on the pitch? If so, whose place is he taking? I just don't see the merit in this. What's the point of bringing this guy in? Is he our 4th choice centre back or 4th choice holding midfielder?

Pride of Lions - 25/1/2018 13:43
Manure wants him to gain more experience and we want that extra bit of experience he already has, to help us get across the line.

We don't stand a chance of buying him as Mourinho values his too highly, it just benefits everyone concerned in my humble....

Yep that 1 minute of Prem league time this year will certainly help
(altho he did get a game in the cocoloco cup and a chumps game) - whoopity do

so going to be experienced in sweet fa apart from reserve team football

baffling

It's the modern game now and maybe the clubs that we loan out to will have fans who think the same. I couldn't care less who helps us get out of this division and have the money to pay off micah richards contract.

Chances of ANY kid breaking through at Man United under Mourinho is zero.

So if we can impress him and he can impress us, so we're in pole position when he's shown the door... great.

Yeah, said that re Elphick in the article... or the article comments, or both... or neither... no idea.

Said it somewhere! :3:

And yes, not a bad point deano re Mourinho not bringing the kids through.

initial reaction - who? Saw the name Axel thought Dr Xia had booked Guns N Roses for Villa Park gig in summer. Overall feeling about this - meh.

What's wrong with bringing through our own "kids"? They are already part of the set up and supposed to be our future stars or is Bruce saying they are not good enough? As has been said - I hope this is part of the deal that clinches Johnstone as our player permanent in summer.

I like the sentiment about bringing through our own kids but what if this kid is better than our own?

Would you have rather brought through Luke Moore, or loaned Wayne Rooney in the hope we could make it permanent one day?

if our kids are good enough great.

If they're not I have no problem bringing in other kids with better potential, and we have to trust the coaches in terms of deciding that as lets be honest us as fans know jack shat in general.

I did say in the article, towards the end, although I'd like to see us develop our own, I am talking from a position of ignorance.

However,we have blocked many a young player who has gone on to play perfectly well elsewhere.