The Oddest, Or Most Exotic Place You've Worked | Vital Football

The Oddest, Or Most Exotic Place You've Worked

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
I can't throw any places into this thread myself because I have worked at the same place for the last 10 years, but thought I'd start it because it could be quite fun/interesting!

Bangkok. Was there 2013-15. Returned to the Bank to see Rheady's overhead vs Barrow.
Bangkok - Incredible city. Anything goes. Thailand: great country, but one of mass contradictions.

Ingoldmells,lived above the chippy in Anchor lane and spent too long in Fantasy island where i lived the dream until i sobered up and realised i had wasted my life in there and my lifelong dream of owning a successful donkey ride business on the beach was just never going to become a reality........only a dream in my bewildered brain!........never really fancied cleaning up donkey excrement off the sand on a boiling hot summer day whilst wearing my imps thong, always thought that would be a humbling experience.(wife and kids never bought into my dream anyhow.).........shame,could have been a great business.

https://www.fantasyislandresort.co.uk/

Last edited:
In the 80s I worked part time London hotels: the Savoy, Dorchester and HIlton. They were all beautiful in there own way. The Savoy hadn't changed hugely since Oscar Wilde and his friends had met there. The trouble was, as a worker, I used service lifts and saw the kitchens; they would have got 0 on modern hygiene ratings despite the chandeliers out front.

Worked for a company installing thermal imaging equipment into cement works. Took me to a ton of interesting places Costa Rica, Venezuel, China, India, but my favourite had to be Equador.

Probably Brunei. They served beer in tea pots.
They also have a statue of Winston Churchill giving the V for victory sign, near the Sultans palace.

Last edited: