The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 77 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

That is the crux of the issue, and shows how corrupt the current test is, and how obtuse their argument is.

Think the PL have outdone themselves with this, and the hope is they now ask Amanda et al, around the table, and sort it. I remain very hopeful.
I doubt whether Mandy will be able to get the PIF or the Saudi's back again. They have been fucked about by the PL and won't come back unless there are cast iron promises without them changing their position. The PL won't do that otherwise they would have passed it off weeks ago.

Whilst not knowing anything on the particulars of the bid done a little digging and the BN group appear legit. They reportedly have revenue of 12 billion dollars, although how much is theirs and how much is money they manage seems unclear. The business is run out of Paris by Evangeline Shen and Terence and Nelson Loh .
EfepsAzWoAAmH2u.jpeg

The BN group seem to have specialized in luxury, consumer lifestyle and technology, financial services, and real estate. No real information as to them being at all involved in anything regarding sport except they have appointed a former racing and F1 presenter Claire Jedrek in the media department.

As for Chopra he was one of the first to mention the Saudi interest last year and hinted a few weeks ago that something was on the horizon with a tweet that said "Get the cans from the bin and put them back in the fridge Geordies watch this space".

The Gazette article TNMW posted implies there is much work to be done though saying it "understands that all the paperwork required at this stage, including proof of funds, has now been lodged with Ashley’s lawyers. The group is ready to pay a non-refundable deposit of £250,000 to access the club’s “data room”."

If that's the case nothing has been accepted by Ashley and there's not a cat in hell's chance this could be done before the start of the new season. So many hurdles to be negotiated and of course will the Premier League prefer the colour of Singaporean money rather than Saudi money ? Best ask Liverpool and Spurs then.

Ps: With what's emerged in the last day or so safe to say this utter bollocks .

Last edited:
Can see takeover talk dominating for a good year or so yet and I dont think this is the last we'll be told of Staveley's interest. Just got a nagging feeling that a revised consortium will come forward out of this in which the Reubens increase their stake.

Can see takeover talk dominating for a good year or so yet and I dont think this is the last we'll be told of Staveley's interest. Just got a nagging feeling that a revised consortium will come forward out of this in which the Reubens increase their stake.
We'll be in the Championship then, or is this the plan?

Last edited:
Don’t hold your breath I can’t be arsed with it all anymore. Not looking forward to the new season at all. Nowt to look forward to!

No further comment from PIF etc... I think it's time to admit that those people who suggested this was all just another fakeover might have been correct.
I just find it strange that why they would commit to a 5% non refundable deposit of 17M. Even if they went to arbitration (whoever they would be) and were successful it still wouldn't be the end of the process, apparently the piracy issue still hadn't been addressed.

There'll be more groups linked in the next couple of months but I still reckon that the Saudi bid will be reported as back on in the next month. Just got a nagging feeling.

Whether it'll be completed this year is another thing altogether.

There'll be more groups linked in the next couple of months but I still reckon that the Saudi bid will be reported as back on in the next month. Just got a nagging feeling.

Whether it'll be completed this year is another thing altogether.

Don't get sucked into it, it's not worth your time or energy.

This time next year SDU will be back in the Championship, with the usual wankers crowing about having the biggest gates in the league and how Ashley will never stop them going.

We either put up with mediocrity or ship out altogether. Unfortunately I still need to know the results so will not give up altogether. As long as the restrictions are in place the decision of whether to go to games is an easy one. I can’t even if I wanted to which is doubtful given what has happened with this latest debacle!

Maybe it's time to buy a Heeds or Spartans scarf.
It's all gone a bit sordid.
Some fkrs are even praising fatty for his behaviour!

Apparently Masters has come out and said the takeover hasn't been withdrawn from the PL's table as of yet. If that's the case, why have they still not made a decision?

Its a total cluster fuck on all sides, i gave the buyers too much credit thinking they would have anticipated these problems and would have threatned to sue the bollocks off the PL if they turned it down, they played strsight into Masters hands by withdrawing the bid before a showdown, Masters must be delighted.

Yes Masters outfoxed them and I cannot believe that Staveley and co did not anticipate this and have the answers ready. Smacks of over confidence. Seems to be in a void at the moment whereas a bit of common sense from both sides should be able to sort this out. But common sense seems to be in short supply on both sides. Do not believe any other bids forthcoming. A lot of talk the talk without walk the walk. Meanwhile we have the usual guff from the training ground about how well some are performing in training.

Either overconfidence or part of the plan! I was surprised Staveley bothered to come back after being branded a waste of time. It all stinks and I wouldn't rule out being Ashley's biggest con yet.