The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 74 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

Thanks for the info Pie re The Guardian and an article by Liew. Condescending t*at. I wish I could rewind and take him to an away trip in the 80's with NUFC :grinning:. He might change his mind about posters on the wall

Fuck the Premier league! Gutless, spineless corrupt wanksplats. Too scared to make a decision -
tick yes and it upsets terrorist supporting Qatar and the hypocritical moral police,
tick No - it upsets the Saudi & UK government (NUFC fans don't fucking count). Plus the right of appeals and possibly a very costly legal battle with a sovereign state

Piracy what a fucking joke, I can get BeIN Sports on the fire stick along with anyone else in any fucking country!

Morals - haha Richard Keys, SNP etc etc says it all really.

Mike Ashley trying to raise the price - nothing new!

As for the other PL clubs well don't they all have upstanding owners? Nothing dodgy about any of them is there? Fuck off, might as well just not bother. What the fuck is the point in being in a league when you aren't allowed to compete? 13 years of asset stripping Ashley and now not allowed new owners- fuck off!

Purely playing devils advocate here UK....

What would your honest opinion of the PIF be if they were looking to buy the mackems?

Last edited:
There is a petition (and your view on this will depend entirely on your view of the effectiveness of petitions) that I've signed that "aims to engage the United Kingdom (UK) government in establishing an independent investigation into the English Premier League (EPL) takeover process and Richard Masters who was fundamental in orchestrating the deal".

Not really doing my best sales pitch here as I'm not sure what it will accomplish but the fact we've not had any sort of comment from the Premier League irks me. It takes seconds, feel free to disregard or sign whatever is up your strasse.

https://www.change.org/p/boris-john...ed_by_id=df817e60-d3d2-11ea-ac39-87d59f820b66

I still haven't read that the bid has been officially pulled from the PL Keggy

No idea of the procedure but I would imagine the league have to be formally notified

Purely playing devils advocate here UK....

What would your honest opinion of the PIF be if they were looking to buy the mackems?

That would depend on your context Mac!
For a pure personal and fan related view then I would hate the fact that the Mackems would have that potential of being an elite club and win the PL title within the next 10 years. I would also wonder why on earth the PiF would choose a shithole of a place to invest in and I would welcome anything that prevented the takeover from happening.

For an unbiased view then I think if the PiF were to buy ANY club and it ticked all the boxes in their O & D's test then it should be passed. It's as simple as that! Foreign deals or geopolitical issues should not be an issue. Nor should human rights issues or any of that other bollocks. If it's not in the test then it doesn't get looked at! If they want it in the test then it should be amended.

The league should not be allowed to manipulate the situation which the PL tried making the Saudi state a director, that would have given them the direct link they needed to legally block it.

It's not the fact the takeover has fallen flat on its arse that annoys me, it's the way it's been done. At the end of the day if it had of gone through then NUFC would've been hated throughout the world (more than they are already). It's the fans that would suffer the most being guilty by association!

In an ideal world adopt the German model of fan ownership, at least then clubs can have their pride back and not used as some profit making schemes by some dodgy billionaire businessmen.

Oh and just to add

I'd laugh my cock off if the PiF bought a French team and knocked PSG off their perch! After all, BeIN have been thrown out of French courts twice so they would probably be told to fuck off again.

Drop a Division and I notice that Sheff Wed have been deducted 12 points just like Wigan. Unbelievable that the decision was made so Sheff Wed start next season with -12 points and escape relegation this season whereas Wigan are down having had the 12 points deduction. I'm sure it is coincidence but I noticed that one of the MP's who was vociferous against PIF taking over at Newcastle is an Owl's fan and rarely misses a home game at Hillsborough.

Last edited:
There is a petition (and your view on this will depend entirely on your view of the effectiveness of petitions) that I've signed that "aims to engage the United Kingdom (UK) government in establishing an independent investigation into the English Premier League (EPL) takeover process and Richard Masters who was fundamental in orchestrating the deal".

Not really doing my best sales pitch here as I'm not sure what it will accomplish but the fact we've not had any sort of comment from the Premier League irks me. It takes seconds, feel free to disregard or sign whatever is up your strasse.

https://www.change.org/p/boris-john...ed_by_id=df817e60-d3d2-11ea-ac39-87d59f820b66

If it gets to 100k, it has to be discussed in parliament.

That has to be a minimum, but almost predictably, the thing gets to 30k almost instantly, then stalls, do the "fans", really want the takeover????

Its OK though as Hooray Henry is ready to offer Mike more money and is his preferred bidder. That's if you believe Gorilla gloves Keys who's been absolutely spot on with everything :hmmm:

Have decided to write to masters, he can be contacted at rmasters@premierleague.com

Dear Richard,

I write to voice my concern over the current impasse over the above takeover.

As somebody living in the area, a fan for 50 years, somebody who has had season tickets until the early 2000’s, I find the attitude taken by the Premier League deeply concerning.

You and board members’ continually say the PL is the best in the world, but in this respect, failing to make a decision, deliberately in my view, shows that to be completely untrue.

The past 17 weeks have placed all Newcastle fans in a bubble of expectation, awaiting approval, and the best the Pl, and you, as its head can do is say, we will continually delay it.

We have a willing seller, a buyer that has met the asking price, and paid a deposit, you could be accused of restraint of trade???

Make no mistake, in Mike Ashley, and the takeover group, you have bitten off more than the PL can chew, they can, and in my view will take you legal, something the PL does not have the £££ to fight.

Maybe the real reason is your “big 6”, don’t fancy a truly large 1 city club, arriving at the table, and improving both the league, and very importantly, the immediate area around the City of Newcastle.

You fail to grasp the positive effect this group can have on our area, and sit on your hands, “unable”, to make a decision, when in effect the Big 6, are pulling your strings.

Then, we hear the “leaks”, carefully orchestrated to try and undermine the takeover, with many coming from Bein Sports and Richard Keys.

Do you not think the PL, and your credibility are being show up, by Mr Keys continued rants, it looks like he has a direct line to the PL, as you continue to dis-credit the deal.

In a time of mental anguish for many, Saturday at 3.00pm, is the release for many, in the late 90’s productivity was at an all-time high in NE England, why???

Supporters, members of the public, could not wait to get to get into work to talk about the most recent match, with excitement already building towards the next match.

You, as head of the PL, have the ability to influence this, make it happen, and for all the human rights issues stated, Qatar are hardly angels, as proven with their corrupt WC bid, and human atrocities.

So you cannot hold the moral high ground, you are being seemingly forced by a corrupt nation Qatar, funnily enough who own Manchester City, to reject this, and use the TV piracy as an excuse.

Sorry Mr Masters, this does not wash, I would appeal to you to re-think this, these people won’t go away, and probably have enough clout with the Prime Minister to force your hand.

Nobody wants to see you discredited, but that is the direction it is heading, you have the ability to make it happen, please do so for all concerned.

"So you cannot hold the moral high ground, you are being seemingly forced by a corrupt nation Qatar, funnily enough who own Manchester City, to reject this, and use the TV piracy as an excuse."

Aren't Man City's owners from Abu Dhabi, rather than Qatar?

What I can't understand is that if we have a willing buyer and a 'now' willing seller in Ashley, why isn't he going down the legal route? Surely he would sue if this was all true.

An organisation denying a sale of £300m+. Money that Ashley supposedly, desperately needs but as yet, not a whimper. Something doesn't add up.

"So you cannot hold the moral high ground, you are being seemingly forced by a corrupt nation Qatar, funnily enough who own Manchester City, to reject this, and use the TV piracy as an excuse."

Aren't Man City's owners from Abu Dhabi, rather than Qatar?

Correct OM! Also Abu Dhabi is a fucking CITY! The capital of the United Arab Emirates.

Morons!

What I can't understand is that if we have a willing buyer and a 'now' willing seller in Ashley, why isn't he going down the legal route? Surely he would sue if this was all true.

An organisation denying a sale of £300m+. Money that Ashley supposedly, desperately needs but as yet, not a whimper. Something doesn't add up.

Because it's all bollocks Toony! None of it makes any bloody sense.

Fuck the Premier league!

Its over, cannot see talks resuming after the pullout. Hope there is a serious build elsewhere with no perceived complications. Meanwhile we will be hamstringed in the transfer market

What about the EFL O & D's test? All NUFC would need to do is get relegated (a highly likely possibility anyway). BeIN have no rights to championship games so fuck them. No one cares about a EFL club being taken over.