The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 73 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

In the interest of fairness,don't forget those spineless twats waiting for Ashley to hire a new messiah.

Eeeh, I hope you're not insinuating that to be me :grinning:. I'm firmly in the camp that I'll never be a season ticket holder again, but would love to take my son every once in a while. I've said that for a vast number of years now.

Someone's lying here. Charnley saying Mike Ashley is still committed to the deal and the big thing i don't get is there are quotes saying that Staveley was surprised by the withdrawal by PIF . Now she's part of that group so why wouldn't she know they were pulling out ? Why would it be a surprise ?

Why haven't the PL been informed by PIF in an official capacity either. Bluffing to force a reaction from PL?

FFS, I'm getting my hopes up again.

If Ashley is the genuine seller he's presenting himself as (and I don't trust Ashley a bit so it's a big if) why's he not parking his tanks on the PL lawn and saying "you are preventing me from selling this club"

Eeeh, I hope you're not insinuating that to be me :grinning:. I'm firmly in the camp that I'll never be a season ticket holder again, but would love to take my son every once in a while. I've said that for a vast number of years now.
Not at all mate,unless you were one of the poor souls who believed Ashley's appointment of the last Messiah was significant rather than cynical.

If Ashley is the genuine seller he's presenting himself as (and I don't trust Ashley a bit so it's a big if) why's he not parking his tanks on the PL lawn and saying "you are preventing me from selling this club"

Because his tanks were never as big as he first thought or likes to think. Whenever anyone with a modicum of intelligence comes up against him, he's like a whale out of water.

The bloke is a chancer and his hit lucky on a number of things. He's hardly Elon Musk. Burnham Grammar School or a PHD in energy physics, an undergraduate degree in economics and a second bachelor’s degree in physics. Tough choice.

Simply put, Ashley is a thick ****.

Not at all mate,unless you were one of the poor souls who believed Ashley's appointment of the last Messiah was significant rather than cynical.

Oh I'm definitely in the cynical camp. Rafa was simply installed to keep the gullible masses at bay. Like he even needed to do that. The fuckers would still turn up if he sacked Bruce today and appointed Mark Hughes tomorrow, with Margaret Thatcher and Jimmy Saville as his assistants.

This could get interesting if Ashley says he is selling and the saudis buy and then its over to the PL to stop it, surely there is some law that says they cant restrict competition, maybe they are trying to force the PL to make a decision

I think I had the thread title right when I used that Status Quo line.......

Getting dizzy with all these potential twists and turns. Going out to enjoy the sun today, it's far easier to live that way. Moreso with the amount of drink ive got stashed away. :cheers:

OM some of the smartest people i have met have had no qualifications, i have also met quite a few highly qualified dicks, a degree does not necessarily mean you are clever or indeed have common sense.
Where I work you have people with degrees, masters etc most of them haven't got the fucking brains they were born with 😂

Based on nothing really mate ~ other than I'm reading that the PL haven't officially been notified of the bid being pulled

And does anyone in business walk away from 17mil because they are sick of waiting??
Aye that was my immediate thought mac,basically a bluff intended to force someones hand,be it Ashley or the PL.

That would do my nut in though, so it's a case of 'que sera sera ' for me.

Newcastle’s managing director has raised hopes, admittedly slender, that the club’s collapsed sale to a Saudi-led consortium could be resurrected.
“Never say never,” said Lee Charnley as he broke his silence on the £300m takeover saga involving Saudi’s Public Investment Fund (PIF), Reuben Brothers and Amanda Staveley.

Read more
The would-be buyers withdrew on Thursday citing, among other reasons, delays in the Premier League’s owners’ and directors’ test. Charnley moved to reassure Newcastle supporters by claiming Ashley would back Steve Bruce in the transfer market and suggested hope of a restructured deal had not been abandoned.
“We acknowledge yesterday’s statement,” said Charnley in a statement of his own issued to Sky Sports. “Never say never, but to be clear, Mike Ashley is 100% committed to this deal [sale].

Staveley reported as saying “there is absolutely no issue with Mike Ashley here. There was no argument with Mike and I. We get on very well. We had a deal agreed.”

Bang goes my theory.

Or maybe not. According to The Athletic's George Caulkin when the exclusivity ran out Ashley DID ask for money and this was agreed to by PCP.

We will just have to move on and put up with or not another mediocre season. It’s just how it is supporting NUFC nothing changes.