The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 65 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

Interesting that KSA have stripped bein Sports of their licence to broadcast.
Would expect the PL and KSA to have a agreement in place, and takeover goes through.
Everybody is then happy.

If the takeover was true, I was expecting this to happen.

There's no way someone of high standing would invest in a club but then be controlled by a different country that they dont get on with, who will then determine how and when they can watch their own team on telly.

Obviously it will affect Qatar's next telly bid as they'll have a smaller market but it's win win for the P/L as the Saudi's will surely bring in more cash with a larger potential tv audience.

To me this is the end game the saudis are calling the shots, the Man City ruling also sends out a message that decisions can be appealed and i dont think the PL have the stomach or the money to take on the saudis. Also the fact that Keys is now waving the white flag are all positives in my opinion

Think the Saudis have played a blinder. Didn't they purchase a rather large amount of shares in BT not long back. PIF have got their own TV station and they aren't walking away from the takeover. If anything it has strengthened their resolve. Masters is totally out of his depth and should give the nod now.

Today's the day then, another alleged milestone day!

That's if of course you believe that morally corrupt, hairy handed **** Keys. Personally I think it will be another day of disappointment and the wait goes on. If it IS today then I will shave my head.

To add- all forms of gambling are BANNED in SA.

I think this is going south lads.
It's looking like it's fucked. I hope and pray it isn't as the prospect of the new season with Mike, Lee and Bruce in the driving seat is well, just.......

ASM will be flogged alogg with anybody else he can get decent money for to prop up shite direct. Can't see anything but relegation if the takeover doesn't happen

It's looking like it's fucked. I hope and pray it isn't as the prospect of the new season with Mike, Lee and Bruce in the driving seat is well, just.......

ASM will be flogged alogg with anybody else he can get decent money for to prop up shite direct. Can't see anything but relegation if the takeover doesn't happen

I seem to remember this style of running a club was the reason Sunderland ended up the way they are. Constantly selling off any 'purples' to the point there are none left and simply replacing them with loan signings/freebies each season.

Theoretically, if Ashley is to remain, Rose, Bentaleb and Lazaro all need to be replaced just to stand still. You then need to improve the squad and given what we have become accustomed to over the last decade, we know it will only happen by pure luck on a pittance (see Cabaye, Cisse, Ba etc).

I seem to remember this style of running a club was the reason Sunderland ended up the way they are. Constantly selling off any 'purples' to the point there are none left and simply replacing them with loan signings/freebies each season.

Theoretically, if Ashley is to remain, Rose, Bentaleb and Lazaro all need to be replaced just to stand still. You then need to improve the squad and given what we have become accustomed to over the last decade, we know it will only happen by pure luck on a pittance (see Cabaye, Cisse, Ba etc).
All very familiar unfortunately. I was trying to explain to my 14 year old daughter last night what it was like following them under Keegan and Sir Bobby. Trying to explain the buzz and it not being about the winning but the being competitive.