The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 63 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

A genuine yet pleasant difference of opinion going on here- how refreshing!

I’m with OM on this one. I fail to see how this hasn’t been passed through. It’s reached ludicrous proportions now. There is no reason for the PL to block it and they’ve listened to too many voices when the essence of the test appears quite straightforward. The effect of this paralysis is hamstringing potential new owners in regard to managerial and player recruitment and the decision needs making pronto imo.
Exactly why I think the delay is political Finn.

Being a friendly kind of chap Finn I've just got of the phone with me niece.
Unfortunately her mate is currently quarantined in a place called Reeperbahn with his mate Saint-Paul and won't be available until the 12th.

Sorry but I did try like...
😆

Another imminent week nearly gone, is it going to happen, yes or no? Still a yes for me, but then again I know nothing, stinks of Premier League arrogance, just don’t see how they can knock back that amount of investment in their precious league.

There will be tonnes and tonnes of paperwork, especially with dodgy saudies. There will be delays for all sorts of things. I don't deny there is probably a lot of incompetence involved though. I just really think there's a lot of work involved.

As much as I would have liked it to be concluded, there's no immediate hurry. We are pretty much safe in terms of Premier League survival. We have extended one or two contracts (Manquio and Carroll), no big player's contract near to expire, only really Matty L who really has no excuse to not sign a new contract. There is plenty time for a few top players to be brought in as the window doesn't shut for a good few months I expect. I reckon it will be done by the end of this month though....or maybe next month.

It has been suggested that the the stumbling block is the piracy allegations but when one door opens another closes when it is NUFC. It has been really staggering the number of dissenting voices against the takeover since it was first mooted. While from day one I didn't think it would happen, now I passionately hope it does because of the temerity of the MP's who oppose it as well as others who have no valid interest in the club.The agenda is there if you dig deep. I just wonder if they realise that if the grass roots supporters are not allowed to return next season because of social distancing etc, football will be finished in its present form.

Last edited:
There will be tonnes and tonnes of paperwork, especially with dodgy saudies. There will be delays for all sorts of things. I don't deny there is probably a lot of incompetence involved though. I just really think there's a lot of work involved.

I reviewed it weeks ago in less than a day and I have a masters in law. I hazard a guess I’m somewhat more qualified than 99% of the people at the Premier League.

The PL have not got a clue what to do. It drags on and on and on and on zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It might just have gone tits up

20 Saudis now placed on UK sanctions list - let’s hope none can be linked back to PIF otherwise could be game over and exactly what the FA have been waiting on 🤬

Last edited:
The PL and partners are trying any underhand, sly fucking trick to stop this.
Because they are shit scared their golden boys and top 6 get disrupted.

KSA wont be bothered about any of this, if the PL are, they will see them in court, a matter the PL have not got the clout or cash to defend.