The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 66 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

I don’t read the FUN88 deal as an issue.

The club needs to still run and no doubts that not ideal, income is still required.

Until the pricks at the PL give a yes or a no the club will have to maintain its current path. Puma, FUN88 until such time as 300 million lands in fatty’s bank account.

I really don’t see the above as a problem.

The club needs to still run and no doubts that not ideal, income is still required.

Until the pricks at the PL give a yes or a no the club will have to maintain its current path. Puma, FUN88 until such time as 300 million lands in fatty’s bank account.

I hope you're correct

Nowt's changed. I dont think it's even announced that Fun88 has a certain timescale of a contract. Just more of a mention of 'long term'.

To me, this can be classified as a rolling contract with no end date, which will suit everyone. Nee panic whatsoever from me.

Given what Finn said about gambling in Saudi, surely if this deal is just a stop gap until they (the Saudis) come in, a 3 year deal would not have been required. Surely a 1 year deal would have been the best option all round?

It's not an issue, the club and the probable new owners are in contact and this like other matters will have been discussed.

I hope the new deal could be bought out by the Saudis if it goes through.!!!!! The amount of money they have it's small change.

Makes no sense to me whatsoever KK but I hope you’re right!

To me, I can’t see why prospective buyers - intrinsically linked to a devout and stringent Muslim state that practices Sharia Law - would wish to be associated with, and effectively have their hands tied to, a banned organisation in their country whose name is to continue to be splattered all over the shirt for 3 more years. A tinpot betting company from China that pays buttons for shirt sponsorship at that.

Shirt sponsorship is used by the likes of City to get round (and get away with seemingly) FFP rules. Surely they’d want their own sponsor and probably for the same reason?

As I say - hope you’re right but doesn’t look good to me.

As an aside - see NUFC linked with another Motherwell player. Fucking great.

I would be amazed if there isn't some form of break clause in the contract with Fun88 in the case of the club changing hands (and probably vice versa). Any competent contract writer/negotiator would insist on such clauses.

I would be amazed if there isn't some form of break clause in the contract with Fun88 in the case of the club changing hands (and probably vice versa). Any competent contract writer/negotiator would insist on such clauses.

You use a word that cannot be associated with this regime.

Competent.

Dont think the fat fuck would sign the contract out of spite, to push the £350m maurice deal instead???

Think people are reading too much into things, its all down to the ***** at the PL if they give the nod the deal is done, keep the faith lads, if they knock it back the Saudis will bankrupt them

Think people are reading too much into things, its all down to the ***** at the PL if they give the nod the deal is done, keep the faith lads, if they knock it back the Saudis will bankrupt them
And if it stalls indefinitely ? The exclusivity expires and the non refundable £17m is tucked away in the fat ones account. This is looking more and more the likely outcome.

Come on, it's off! Every man and his dog knows it's off because the fucking pussies at the PL don't want to upset those terrorist supporting hypocritical ***** from Qatar and those wankers who have all of a sudden found a moral compass.

*****!

And fucking Aston fucking vile are fucking winning!

Brummie *****!

Everyone and his dog doesn't know it's off. Everyone and his dog knows exactly what we all know .......nothing. Nothing's changed. It's with the Premier league and the bidders remain confident. That's it .

If you want to go down the road of baseless conjecture and say the rumours about the Manchester United conflict of interest are true (and they may well not be) the deal would not be able to be resolved until the end of the month. Also in regards to the news about the Saudis banning Bein sport. It's emerged the decision by the Saudis to ban Bein sport was made in 2018 and only came into effect this week. Once again this has been somewhat distorted by the media to fill the vacuum. Then you've got tarmac Keys saying it would be done by last Friday then it's all off by Tuesday, which is of course pounced on by the media.

PIF aren't allowed to say anything more in regards to the takeover, that's the nature of the buying process. So we have Qatar and Bein sports essentially allowed to say whatever the hell they like with Newcastle United fans stuck in the middle, hearing story after story and date after date with neither having any basis in reality. You've also got well meaning and less well meaning journalists reporting every whisper as if it's fact as well as in certain cases appearing to downright lie. As well as all this you have to factor in whatever's coming from (the proven liar in court) Mike Ashleys' camp and it's a bullshit maelstrom.

I'm choosing to believe it's on until it's officially off. It's Newcastle United man , it was never going to be straightforwards. Howay The Lads !!

Spot on Keggy i am still hopeful and if the PL knock it back i hope they have deep pockets because the saudis will drag them through the courts, they are a sovereign nation with massive wealth and i cant see them taking it too well if the PL state they are not fit and proper owners.

Thats why the PL are shitting themselves, they dont have the £££ about them to say no, and i am sure Boris is in their ears as well.
My expectation is its agreed, and Master's is moved on.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and an without official word nobody knows EXACTLY what's going on apart from those involved. I am skeptical to say the least, I fully expect it not to go ahead, there's always something that happens that gives a glimmer of hope then something else that removes it. I'll believe it when it's on sky sports!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and an without official word nobody knows EXACTLY what's going on apart from those involved. I am skeptical to say the least, I fully expect it not to go ahead, there's always something that happens that gives a glimmer of hope then something else that removes it. I'll believe it when it's on sky sports!

Everyone is UKrocks, but you said "every man and his dog knows it's off".

I am fed up like everyone else waiting for an answer. I don’t think anyone knows what the decision will be. Once again we have become a bit of a laughing stock with supporters from other clubs. I would like to say time will tell but really it is dragging on and on and on.......