The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 62 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

The saudis need to show they take piracy seriously which is the hold up as they need to take down a lot of pirate sites which is taking time.

So another week has nearly been and gone, yet still absolute silence and it is deafening. Someone has been utterly shambolic throughout this whole saga and should warrant dismissal for gross incompetence on the day of reckoning, irrespective of the outcome.

I totally disagree with you on this one OM.
Look around you mate,empty stadiums,muzzled officials,disinfected balls,water breaks, five subs and the rest of the bullshit.
I have little doubt that the takeover will be okayed but we are in the middle of a game and the football authorities like everyone else have to play their part.

I agree with OM.
All the PL had to say was there are a lot of issues to be resolved, questions to be answered and it will take a lot of time with the current restrictions. Although most understood this to be the case, they could have clarified it without disclosing confidential information. Instead Masters came out with the comment that there is no timescale and no reason to rush.
All the objections were known at the very start, nothing new came up. In which case 13 weeks is a long time.
Added to this are numerous reported media articles and quotes stating that people close to the process had indicated this week, next week and so on at various stages of the process. All a lot of media hype which fuelled the debate and misled fans, because they had nothing else of interest to report during lockdown. The PL have only themselves to blame.

Look around you mate,empty stadiums,muzzled officials,disinfected balls,water breaks, five subs and the rest of the bullshit.
I have little doubt that the takeover will be okayed but we are in the middle of a game and the football authorities like everyone else have to play their part.

Agreed mate - as far as I am aware no time limit was ever put on the decision

It is what it is as there's a fair bit of other shite going on in the world at the minute

Again as I understand it - the PL don't have to go public either way do they? there is no onus on them to say anything at all

Agreed mate - as far as I am aware no time limit was ever put on the decision

It is what it is as there's a fair bit of other shite going on in the world at the minute

Again as I understand it - the PL don't have to go public either way do they? there is no onus on them to say anything at all
They have also clearly stated that any announcement will be made via the club not them.

None of this prevents the takeover going ahead/being rejected though. It's like me explaining to a Judge that I can't complete a witness statement for a client because the conveyancing department are busy conducting land registry searches. The two are completely independent. We've been at work throughout all of this, including working in the Courts directly (until recently) and have still managed to conduct our regular work. Having meetings via telephone or by wearing a face mask does not prevent productivity. I dare say it's somewhat more complex than arranging someone to disinfect your balls or arranging a water break every 7 minutes (which is fucking idiotic by the way - they're not playing at Ayers Rock during a heatwave). Additionally, I bet they're on a much larger salary than I'll ever earn too. High rewards for incompetence.

None of this prevents the takeover going ahead/being rejected though. It's like me explaining to a Judge that I can't complete a witness statement for a client because the conveyancing department are busy conducting land registry searches. The two are completely independent. We've been at work throughout all of this, including working in the Courts directly (until recently) and have still managed to conduct our regular work. Having meetings via telephone or by wearing a face mask does not prevent productivity. I dare say it's somewhat more complex than arranging someone to disinfect your balls or arranging a water break every 7 minutes (which is fucking idiotic by the way - they're not playing at Ayers Rock during a heatwave). Additionally, I bet they're on a much larger salary than I'll ever earn too. High rewards for incompetence.
Conducting regular work does not lead to this though OM

https://news.sky.com/story/liverpoo...-second-night-to-celebrate-title-win-12015734

A genuine yet pleasant difference of opinion going on here- how refreshing!

I’m with OM on this one. I fail to see how this hasn’t been passed through. It’s reached ludicrous proportions now. There is no reason for the PL to block it and they’ve listened to too many voices when the essence of the test appears quite straightforward. The effect of this paralysis is hamstringing potential new owners in regard to managerial and player recruitment and the decision needs making pronto imo.