The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 38 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

In my opinion it looks like it's all going to go tits up. I hope I'm wrong.
I'm sceptical also OM but I have a lot of faith in the author of that article and my hopes(no pun intended) hang on this quote

'Sources close to the process believe the Premier League have been abandoned by the Government and left to make a decision that will see a major fallout whether they reject the takeover or sign off on it.

We are told that the likelihood remains that the deal will be approved, in part because the Premier League tests are badly drafted and do not take issues like piracy specifically into account.'

I'm sceptical also OM but I have a lot of faith in the author of that article and my hopes(no pun intended) hang on this quote

'Sources close to the process believe the Premier League have been abandoned by the Government and left to make a decision that will see a major fallout whether they reject the takeover or sign off on it.

We are told that the likelihood remains that the deal will be approved, in part because the Premier League tests are badly drafted and do not take issues like piracy specifically into account.'

From a legal perspective that last paragraph gives me a glimmer of hope as a huge legal battle could ensue. Litigation of this sort is not cheap and could ultimately take years to unravel.

I've no doubt the media darlings (Liverpool, Chelsea etc), The FA and southern biased media will do what they can to put a spanner in the works at every given opportunity in the meantime.

Saying that, the NDA agreement must be pretty watertight given that neither party has come out to defend the purchase/sale. I can't see how defending yourself would be in breach of anything that would affect the sale, unless they're trying to look like choir boys by saying nothing and looking all innocent. Again, I look upon this with skepticism.

Matt Hancock still has a NUFC top hanging at the back of his bookcase when giving interviews from home. He is careful not to advertise the sponsor on the front of the top though. It'll be his fault if it doesn't go through. Us Brits try to be everyone's friend instead of of saying no on the odd occasion. I despair at times.

I dont think the PL will have the stomach for a legal battle against a sovereign nation with almost unlimited resources, they are facing major financial issues and the saudis offer a new revenue stream, they cant fail them on the current rules so for me they will have to approve it ( i hope i am right)

I dont think the PL will have the stomach for a legal battle against a sovereign nation with almost unlimited resources, they are facing major financial issues and the saudis offer a new revenue stream, they cant fail them on the current rules so for me they will have to approve it ( i hope i am right)

I think everyone hopes you're right Bruce but takeover sagas are run every fucking year and all of them fall flat on their arses.

What's absolutely laughable about this is you've got those that are opposed based on human rights issues. Those in particular that have just found a moral compass when all of them have been in the spotlight for a variety of less than moral actions.

The human right's law has been exploited by criminals to protect themselves, I personally think that anyone who commits a crime that denies the victim of their human rights then the perpetrator(s) shouldnt get any themselves!

This BeIN Sports lark, tell fucking Qatar to go fuck themselves, terrorist funding ***** trying to destabilise the region. Then there's certain bribes and back handers for TV Rights and becoming a world cup host. Lastly their own human rights issues! You've got ***** like Keys and Gray happy to work for them (because they won't get employed by anyone else). Are they going to resign on morality grounds? Ha ha are they fuck!

Why isn't Ashcunt getting slated for selling to a bunch of alleged murderers?

As for the Saudi's well I couldn't give a flying fuck what goes on in their country. End of the day, their citizens know the law and if theres a chance of being flogged for minor crimes then dont fucking break the law then, its not rocket science. After the ridiculous leniency in sentencing here then maybe the Saudi's should bring some of their punishments over.

Lastly the FA and PL are corrupt as fuck themselves!

According to George Caulkin, contracts are signed and exclusivity isnt an issue.

I haven't believed any takeovers have been real since day dot but with this one, im running out of excuses not to think it's genuine and on. Personally im busy cracking on with things around the house/garden and just waiting for a phone call or something to alert me to anything being completed.

Gone are the days where my F5 button is smouldering with all the refreshes but im certain the good times will come back when we can enjoy a sniff of some sort of ambition again. Just got to be patient and just keep restocking the cans.

This is going on too long for me, seriously concerned now.
From George Caulkin

“The latest information I was told from the buying side is that their latest timeframe might be next week, but there is a realisation that it’ll take as long as it has to take.

“The guidelines that they were given, it could take up to four weeks, but again there is no deadline to any of these. It’s just a guide and all of us have to respect that,”

“In terms of the overall feeling and mood, nothing has changed, everyone is very positive, people behind the scenes are carrying on doing all the stuffs they will be doing as if it is going ahead.

“So no one has said to me that there are any doubts about that happening at the end of it all.

“There is a lot of noise, partly born out of our concerns and frustration.

“Exclusivity is irrelevant now that a deal has been signed because everything has been signed off apart from the regulatory approval and the money changing hands.”

Talk is gathering pace that the end is nigh for Ashley and his grubby mitts all over the toon. The keys are expected to be handed over next week.

The cans can go on ice in what will be one of the best weeks we've ever had to look forward to.

The president of La Liga has complained now ffs. In the immortal words of 'Brenda from Bristol': "You're joking, not another one?"

Doesn't matter noo though. It's supposedly all over bar the confirmation email. Purchase pending.

It wouldn't surprise me if the lockdown was the only thing holding this up now with the news of this being complete almost certainly seeing a mass gathering in NE1.

Coming from what I guess is a gin soaked,menopausal sociopath,I'll take that as a compliment.
Meanwhile back to the thread,hopefully fatties days are surely numbered otherwise there could be a riot!

Good shout, skank

And you got Rosie's tea leaf and cannon fodder on board 🤣😃🤣

The Saudi's statement :
Saudi Royal Family takeover of Newcastle United delays explained
Thursday 07th May 2020

The impending announcement of the PIF’s takeover of Newcastle United was delayed from the planned date of Monday over a few small details. The PIF, Newcastle United, and the Premier League each have a complex set of regulations and requirements. This has led to due diligence being drawn out on the part of the Premier League, exacerbated by the current lockdown in both the UK and KSA, but we can report that terms including figures are agreed and the deposit has been completed.

Speculation regarding a potential one-off embargo against the PIF and Saudi Arabia being imposed by the Premier League is untrue, and we can report that the Saudi Finance Minister has received no indication of any such issues or obstacles with regard to the takeover of Newcastle United.

The new owners have a “dream list” of players, including some of Europe’s biggest names, which they see as crucial to bringing the club’s results and achievements to the highest level. The Newcastle United board are confident they will be able to announce the deal formally within, at most, the next week.