The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 36 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

All sorts of doubts cropping up now. Cant see it happening, in which case if it doesn't I am going to lose interest in the whole club. Why on earth does it take this length of time, Lawyers coining it in perhaps by taking their time. No consideration to the fact plans have got be put in place by new owners . for the continuation of football. Shambolic

What doubts ? Are you basing this on the Luke Edwards tweet that he's now royally backtracking on ?

Also it's taken until the prospect of a takeover falling through for you to lose interest where have you been the last 13 years in a coma ?

My understanding that the deal is agreed between both parties and that the delay relates to the PL tests, they are free to take as much time as they want and no doubt they want to show those that have registered objections that they are giving it proper consideration. I hat Ashley but i dont think this has anything to do with him, its whether the PL fancy a fight with the Saudi government or do they welcome some new money into the PL I know which one my money would be on.

What doubts ? Are you basing this on the Luke Edwards tweet that he's now royally backtracking on ?

Also it's taken until the prospect of a takeover falling through for you to lose interest where have you been the last 13 years in a coma ?
I am talking about totally losing interest because I cannot stand anymore of Ashley.
I hope I am proved wrong because this club has slowly been ground down since the Hall/Keegan era. Apart from Fairs Cup achieved nothing outside of this in 65 years. What a joke.

There is a bit of baggage and objections that have been very much made public.

My view is the FA might delay this slightly and potentially scrutinise in a bit more detail to cover themselves.

I am with TNMW there is to much inter country dealing and trade to fuck it up by upsetting one of the richest companies in the province.

Also if the FA get this right and the handshake done you may find that when the TV rights come up for grabs there is a mind blowing offer from Saudi for those rights.

On top of that you have the money and supposed infrastructure coming into the UK and especially the North East which again the positives out way the negatives.

There is to much money already invested in the takeover so unless the FA want a legal battle on their hands I believe this will go through but in a few weeks not a few days.

My understanding that the deal is agreed between both parties and that the delay relates to the PL tests, they are free to take as much time as they want and no doubt they want to show those that have registered objections that they are giving it proper consideration. I hat Ashley but i dont think this has anything to do with him, its whether the PL fancy a fight with the Saudi government or do they welcome some new money into the PL I know which one my money would be on.
Apparently the PL tests started on the 9th April and can take 4 weeks to complete as it's only the 2nd May they could take upto the 9th to complete them. Apparently Man City took 28 days to complete their takeover so we still have time.

Surely the government would step in if the PL try and bin this takeover because the government sold over £6bn in arms to the Saudis in 2019. It's going to look bad for the country if this goes tits up.

Also questions need to be asked of the PL if this goes tits up because it looks like the people they have the TV rights with BeIn sports are more or less threatening them to bin this takeover, because Qatar has beef with Saudi Arabia.

So it's ok for the PL to have a deal with a country that sponsors terrorists and Man City are owned by Abu Dhabi people and Sheffield United are owned by a Saudi, and Chelsea are owned by Abramovich who's business dealings are shady as fuck but NUFC can't be owned by a company in Saudi Arabia how's that fair. I bet half the fucking country is partly owned by the Saudis, will all those that are going to close because of Saudi Arabia's questionable human rights abuses Will they fuck

If this takeover gets binned I hope the fans that go to the first home game riot and tear the fucking place to bits because having fatty still here is heartbreaking.

Interesting little piece on the prospective owners site:

https://houseofsaud.com/brotherly-relations-between-uk-and-saudi-arabia-newcastle-takeover/

Referencing the financial worth of existing deals with UK is a little gentle warning - don’t mess with us or it could cost you a little bit of money when you most need it.

Hospitality to visitors and foreign workers is a clear dig on rivals Qatar given their own dodgy ethics with workers involved with construction of stadia ahead of the World Cup.

Nice little one sentence ending. “The takeover will be officially announced in the coming days”.

They are letting the PL know ‘dont fuck with us’ I honestly cant see why they wont pass the fit and proper test when the majority of it relates to finances

Thats my feeling as well Finn, there has been three people failed it and one of them got overturned, i doubt the PL would have the stomach to take on a sovereign nation with unlimited resources in a court of law. The cans are still chilling and hopefully we hear something his week

such a load of rubbish spouted in the media, changing their tune from one day to the next. Even say a new Manager would struggle with the current squad without enforcements. Well thats precisely what the new owners will do.
The players are backing Bruce because they know with a quality Manager most of them will be history.
A clean sweep is needed, and thank goodness that useless office boy Charnley will be gone and we will have a proper board run with success in mind.

Not been following the usual social media sites for a couple of days as it's getting daft just waiting for news of something that may never come but I nearly shit me pants before when i got a notification on me phone.

It was from NUFC saying 'latest from St James'!!'

Turns out it was just a random email basically reporting on fuck all. Someone taking the piss.