The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 55 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

The piracy has been known from the start, it smacks of the PL just trying to cover their backsides, in case of legal action following rejection.
There are potentially other takeover suitors waiting in the wings, but everything is in limbo from future plans to contracts and transfers.
There has been plenty of time to review this current takeover as nothing has cropped up that was not known from the start .
The PL lack decisive leadership. Next week another report from the WTO is made public which will be negative. I hope I am wrong but I think if it was going to be passed it would have happened by now

Apologies I put this on the wrong thread- As another mooted possible D-Day -the romantic 09/06- comes and goes, I think we have to face reality here. I think this is off*

*probably

On a separate note - and not a dig to his supporters on here - but I see Ivan Toney could possibly be subject to £15M bids from both Rangers and Celtic. Rafa offloaded him for buttons to Peterborough. Mitro offloaded as well of course. This is a team that doesn’t score goals remember.

The piracy has been known from the start, it smacks of the PL just trying to cover their backsides, in case of legal action following rejection.
There are potentially other takeover suitors waiting in the wings, but everything is in limbo from future plans to contracts and transfers.
There has been plenty of time to review this current takeover as nothing has cropped up that was not known from the start .
The PL lack decisive leadership. Next week another report from the WTO is made public which will be negative. I hope I am wrong but I think if it was going to be passed it would have happened by now

Let's say the piracy has indeed been known from the start do you not think that the people behind a multi million pound business offer would have considered that it may be an issue and had taken steps to ensure it wouldn't be a problem going forward. These people aren't idiots, Amanda Staveley has been working at this for years, the Reuben brothers have been successful in a number of areas and Mohammed bin Salman has been involved in purchases of high level companies for years.

As for other takeover suitors , I'm very suspicious of how the press has got these other names. In theory it's supposedly confidential until a deal has been agreed. As we've seen with PIF that can be a long time coming.

I don't necessarily see that a negative WTO report is insurmountable.

I don't know whether this is going to through or not but there is no evidence or information to say it is or it isn't so in essence nothing's changed from weeks ago. Everyone connected with the bid are saying it's done and it's with the Premier League. I think a lot of sports journalist have been under pressure to fill pages with no content to do so for weeks, so the vacuum has been very useful to them indeed.

Last edited:
With all the talk and bluster, the fact that there is no official reports of a deal being rejected, we have to presume that this is still on.

Surely it's a case of working through differences behind the scenes because the alternative will be time consuming, very messy and financially damaging for all concerned. I still think it's on mind.

I have just asked this question on twitter, are the club in any sort of breach of contract, ie if they play a league game behind closed doors without refunding or giving direction to fans that have paid to attend that game? I wonder if we could have a resolution on the takeover before the game game takes place if it is in breach of contract.

Let's say the piracy has indeed been known from the start do you not think that the people behind a multi million pound business offer would have considered that it may be an issue and had taken steps to ensure it wouldn't be a problem going forward. These people aren't idiots, Amanda Staveley has been working at this for years, the Reuben brothers have been successful in a number of areas and Mohammed bin Salman has been involved in purchases of high level companies for years.

As for other takeover suitors , I'm very suspicious of how the press has got these other names. In theory it's supposedly confidential until a deal has been agreed. As we've seen with PIF that can be a long time coming.

I don't necessarily see that a negative WTO report is insurmountable.

I don't know whether this is going to through or not but there is no evidence or information to say it is or it isn't so in essence nothing's changed from weeks ago. Everyone connected with the bid are saying it's done and it's with the Premier League. I think a lot of sports journalist have been under pressure to fill pages with no content to do so for weeks, so the vacuum has been very useful to them indeed.
Cracking post keggy 👍

I have just asked this question on twitter, are the club in any sort of breach of contract, ie if they play a league game behind closed doors without refunding or giving direction to fans that have paid to attend that game? I wonder if we could have a resolution on the takeover before the game game takes place if it is in breach of contract.

Apparently SDU are the only club who have failed to refund the fans who have purchased tickets for games. I believe the same is for season tickets too. Whilst I think this is hilarious for obvious reasons, you would have to check the small print on the tickets to see whether you have any legal recourse.

Naturally, the right and moral thing to do would be refund the fans but we know Ashley hates them, despite them fawning over him for over a decade.

Serves them right from my viewpoint. But that aside would they not have a case under common law that they had paid for a service which was not delivered? A lack of consideration in respect of the agreement?

Serves them right from my viewpoint. But that aside would they not have a case under common law that they had paid for a service which was not delivered? A lack of consideration in respect of the agreement?

You would think there was a law but we're in a place we've never been before.

Obviously this is an unknown and unexpected scenario that we find ourselves in but in regards to other postponements in the music business and what not, the 'original ticket' is valid for a rescheduled event or full money is able to be refunded.

As these games are being played under government controlled rules then there is an argument from the club that it is out of their hands and an unprecedented set of conditions but then common sense kicks in and eradicates my previous point from the thought train. There's nee excuse for nee cash back and for me, this is another tick on the unfair and improper owner list that doesn't exist but should.

It’s fuckin’ theft, plain and simple, the Premier league need to spend less time crawling up the arses of Liverpool and Man Utd and address this urgently, at the least they need to force Ashley to make a statement otherwise threaten the prick with legal action. This is peoples money.

There's also the point that in Ashley's eyes he may think he's sold the club and he shouldn't be responsible for anything more to do with it but with him being a proven liar in court, it wouldn't wash.

Again, without seeing the 'contract' itself, it is hard to advise whether a force majeure clause exists. If there isn't such a clause, you could sue for non-performance of contract. Ashley may encounter issues in trying to prove that the act of God is valid given that it must be exclusively of a natural cause. It could be argued that COVID-19 is not a natural cause. There is various case law surrounding this with pros and cons for both sides. In addition to this, I suppose it will very much depend on when the parties entered into the contract and if COVID-19 and the subsequent implications were reasonably foreseeable.

Having spoken to someone in a similar position with one off Chicago Bulls tickets, there is a clause which allows for non-refund of monies if the event is set to be re-scheduled, even without a future date in place.

In any event, the fans who attend can't be that bothered. They clearly think he is doing a decent job and he needs the cash to buy other pub players like Joelinton, otherwise they would do something about it...

Independent reporting that its to be completed this month, but...
The purchase has been done on a business footing, and not to expect massive signings and immediate success.
Have we heard that before.....

It seems to me that the media do not have a clue what Newcastle fans want.
They seem to think all we want is to have a massive transfer kitty.
The reality is, although that would be nice, we would be quite happy to have an owner whose priority is having a decent team on the pitch, who wants to compete and win some trophies, to communicate with the fans on a regular basis and to have a quality Manager and Coaches, a proper Board, and quality training facilities. None of which we currently have.