The General Football thread | Page 42 | Vital Football

The General Football thread

The only reservation I would have is that Poch seemed to engineer his exit from Spurs and he may have done at PSG but I am guessing and could be wrong.
Strange time to engineer a move from PSG seeing all the top jobs are gone already. Unless he only engineers moves to have a break from football. Personally I think his stock will go downhill from hereon. Seriously, our tea lady could've won a trophy or two at PSG!

I think he'll end up back in the PL once the winter merry-go-round starts!..... though the fools at Barcodes may be tempted sooner.

It's interesting that PSG are looking to appoint Christophe Galtier to replace Poch, he was also my choice to replace him at Spurs before we appointed old misery guts.

Strange time to engineer a move from PSG seeing all the top jobs are gone already. Unless he only engineers moves to have a break from football. Personally I think his stock will go downhill from hereon. Seriously, our tea lady could've won a trophy or two at PSG!

I think he'll end up back in the PL once the winter merry-go-round starts!..... though the fools at Barcodes may be tempted sooner.
Southampton were very poor in the second half of last season, and if there is no improvement Hassenhutl will be an early favourite in the sack race. Would be ironical if he goes back to Southampton as a stepping stone to reestablishing himself in the Premiership. Given his 36 miliion in pay offs he should be able to afford the drop in salary.

Quick reminder for anyone interested:

England U19's play Serbia in their Euros competition at 7pm tonight. The match is live on BBC iPlayer. Scarlett and Devine played a big part in their win on Sunday evening.

Just tuned in as Scarlett was subbed. He was on a hatrick

Just down to squad management, they are playing 3 games between Sunday and Saturday and he played the full 90 in the first game.

I always feel sorry for these lads. Whilst it is great to play for your country, I bet both our lads would love to have had the full pre-season with Conte. I'm guessing they will be late arrivals back after they finally get to have a break. Will they even get to go to Asia or will they still be resting up?

I always feel sorry for these lads. Whilst it is great to play for your country, I bet both our lads would love to have had the full pre-season with Conte. I'm guessing they will be late arrivals back after they finally get to have a break. Will they even get to go to Asia or will they still be resting up?
I'm assuming the tournament will finish at the end of next week so it's unlikely they will be back before the squad flies out to the far east.

Ha , 26 man squads for the world cup and fifteen named Substitutes .
Only eleven others , ( coach’s, doctors , trainers , man with a sponge and a bucket , I.Pad man ,bloke who sidles up to Gareth and talks to him with his hand over his mouth , as Gareth doesn’t even seem to hear what he had said …) will be allowed to sit on the bench .
Bit of a jolly boys outing it would seem .

Last edited:
Ha , 26 man squads for the world cup and fifteen named Substitutes .
Only eleven others , ( coach’s, doctors , trainers , man with a sponge and a bucket , I.Pad man ,bloke who sidles up to Gareth and talks to him with his hand over his mouth , as Gareth doesn’t even seem to hear what he had said …) will be allowed to sit on the bench .
Bit of a jolly boys outing it would seem .

10 right backs on one bench.

Where's Roy Castle and Norris McWhirter when you need them?

That Villa kid Chuckwuemeka is going to be some player. Ronnie Edwards who we've been linked with looks to be a very composed CB.

I remember that Chuckwuemeka being discussed when we put Etete out on loan to Northampton. He looks a good player.

I hope we sign Edwards and that young Ukrainian centre half.

I noticed Liam Delap played as well. He looks a good prospect at City, as does their centre half, Taylor Harwood-Bellis for the 21's.

Semi final against Italy tomorrow; Scarlett and Devine have impressed, keep this up and both will have to be included and considered in our first team squad..that said, a small gaggle of clubs are vying for them to be loaned to them. Good to see them making this sort of early impression on the international stage.

I remember that Chuckwuemeka being discussed when we put Etete out on loan to Northampton. He looks a good player.

I hope we sign Edwards and that young Ukrainian centre half.

I noticed Liam Delap played as well. He looks a good prospect at City, as does their centre half, Taylor Harwood-Bellis for the 21's.
I've got a feeling that there are 2 Chukwuemeka brothers Muttley, I don't think the one at Villa is the one that was at Northampton. Of course I could have been dreaming! lol