The General Football thread | Page 40 | Vital Football

The General Football thread

As long as you're not talking about the cricket in the last paragraph Hodd. Congrats to the football team, whilst always undergogs they are usually quite competitive and entertaining.

You won't catch me talking or giving a damn about cricket Smithy! I love all sports but just do not consider cricket as a sport.
I classify it as similar to bridge or poker. Maybe even knitting. It's simply a past time. You'll even catch me watching lawn bowls!:thumbup:

I pay $350 per month for Foxtel (which is just crap value) so I refuse to pay more for Stan.

Nothing televised here in Brisbane. Just terrible. Haven't even seen a replay on any channel.

I hope we embrace the WC in terms of televisation (is that a word? It is now!) better than we did with this very important match.

Yeah, got rid of Foxtel ages ago. Now watch Premier League on Optus Sports and Socceroos games on Paramount+. Much cheaper for the 2 subscriptions combined. For what it's worth, there's a full replay of the game on 10play.com.au
Free to sign up. Channel 10 and Paramount+ will have the broadcasting rights to the World Cup this year. May want to try a 1 month free trial with Paramount come November and then cancel once the competition finishes? Free on Channel 10 but cannot stand the commercials during the games.

Yeah, got rid of Foxtel ages ago. Now watch Premier League on Optus Sports and Socceroos games on Paramount+. Much cheaper for the 2 subscriptions combined. For what it's worth, there's a full replay of the game on 10play.com.au
Free to sign up. Channel 10 and Paramount+ will have the broadcasting rights to the World Cup this year. May want to try a 1 month free trial with Paramount come November and then cancel once the competition finishes? Free on Channel 10 but cannot stand the commercials during the games.

Thanks 1882.
I'll be signing up for 1-2 months trial with Paramount around November, along with the rest of Australia.
I used to have Optus Sports, but pulled the plug after last WC debacle. Now they want me to have 4 mobile phones and internet with them if I get Optus Sports, which means I lose my Foxtel as we have an internet and wife's business phones through Telstra with Foxtel. What a damn mess!

During August and September we have 8 games, 6 are winnable and the other 2 are City and Chavs away which could provide 1 point so 19 out of 24 isn't being overly optimistic IMO.

Apparently Arsenal are close to agreeing a deal to sign 'highly rated' 22-year-old Porto midfielder Fabio Vieira for a fee which could be worth £35m including add-ons.

I know very little about him. Anyone else have a view?