FCG Thread - 1st Meeting With Purslow - Minutes | Page 3 | Vital Football

FCG Thread - 1st Meeting With Purslow - Minutes

Bumped this up so it doesn't get forgotten about in the next week or so.

Any other thoughts/issues/questions, fine folks of Vital Villa?

Just an idea but for games that are difficult to sell out offer the match ticket with a free drink or have a match package that includes a drink and food

How about asking them to change the hospitality seats from light Blue to Claret as when we are on TV it looks as if the stand is empty which would not so visible if it was changed. Doesn’t give a good impression on TV

Still nothing re. Seatwave. Can the club at the very least just tell us what’s happened or set up a ticket exchange of some sort so season ticket holders can sell unused tickets at face value or less? Other clubs do this. Was a very handy service to claim some money back on the season ticket when I have to work.

Mentioned it in the Bolton match thread but I’ll mention it here again. Disgusted at finding out Bolton fans were charged £38 for a televised game on Friday night. Can the club charge a reasonable amount so they can fill the away end and help generate a better atmosphere. I want away fans to visit Villa Park and say it’s one of the best away grounds they’ve been to, high ticket prices affect these opinions.

Am trying to get that on the agenda VillaTom... actually asking if they can do a system where fans aren't scalped. Ticketmaster have got rid of a few of their scalping sites and are putting limits on now.

On days they know they will have a lot of empty seats how about offering free tickets to a class at a school in inner city areas could be aimed at 13-15 age group at different schools,reaching out to the
younger generation after all they are the future.

Yeah, got something along those lines in the agenda Merlin.

It's a pretty packed agenda to be honest, bit too long! But we've not had one for a while. Some might have to carry over til the next one.

I know Man City and Liverpool have their own ticket exchange, I know with Liverpool (And Man City to some extent) it’s different because they fill up. At Barcelona where they don’t fill up every game the season ticket holders can sell their seat back to the club for half the price and then the club sell it on their usual ticketing site. Something where both parties can benefit, just a waste at the moment when there are empty seats.

Best of Luck for the meeting today, hope most reasonable requests are met, I think it is in the new owners interests to adjust where they can.
The possible naming of Villa Park should be of interest & hopefully bring some revenue to help on the pitch, looking forward to reading the outcome

Pretty positive, he was quite frank about things. Will write up my own thoughts as soon as I can.

Few bits need adding as well, they agreed to a regular (twice yearly I would think) splinter group for disabled issues. AVTV was brought up and ... err.. a few other bits.

Got plenty of flesh to add to the bone now, so will get some stuff done this week coming. Was going to do it today but got one of these lovely bugs and so decided to rest instead ready for tomorrow!!