FCG Thread - 1st Meeting With Purslow - Minutes | Page 2 | Vital Football

FCG Thread - 1st Meeting With Purslow - Minutes

I asked Fred Elliot, sorry, Keith Wyness, on a WM phone-in if he could confirm that every match day worker, whether employed directly or through an agency was guaranteed the living wage (as opposed to the minimum wage). He gave a one word answer - “Yes”. Could the FCG verify this at the next meeting?

Regarding the top tier of the Trinity Road, is the new management going to permanently re-open it on match days or just selected games?

The tanoy upper hole is ridiculously loud, my ears were still ringing on Sunday morning, way way to loud.

The tanoy upper hole is ridiculously loud, my ears were still ringing on Sunday morning, way way to loud.
If it had been open today I would have gone.
You are the fourth fan I know of who would have done the same. Surely we're not that awash with wonga that we can ignore opportunities like that? Can't you just hear the excuses, though? Not enough time, Elf & Safety, no bog rolls blah-de-bloody blah......

And could all the volunteers willing to strangle that bloody, screeching woman who assaults eardrums when the teams come out, please form an orderly queue down the length of Trinity Road?

Can we get some new 'big' screens installed which are actually, er, 'big'? Ours are an embarrassment and you can barely see anything from the upper Holte.

And while we're at it, can we not get the pre-match announcer and/or the screens to show the opposing team? I rarely buy a programme and I find it quite insulting to the away fans that their team is only read out the once (I think - correct me if I am wrong).

I think it's deplorable for Aston Villa to be associated with betting organisations, online or otherwise.

Can the club please announce something regarding Seatwave? The lad on the phone said there’d be an announcement this week which hasn’t happened (Therefore it was a lie), I wish I could be bothered to sit on hold on the phone for 40 minutes to find out.

Last edited:
Find a way of donating unused Pride Reward points as cash to Acorns at the end of the season or better still dump the scheme altogether and return to cashback.

Can we ban people on social media who don't understand how the FCG works from saying it's not about the fans and criticising those who ensure it's about fan concerns?

Points you've made so far in this thread

Can we get the catering back in house rather than outsourced

Will they consider opening up again a Villa store in the city centre? And sell tickets there

One question I’d love to have asked is if they will lower the price of AVTV Live for us foreigners given half our games were on sky last season and therefore blacked out.

Acorns or similar. Just end this online betting sponsorship.

Pro actively organised discounts or free seats for under 16s at pre-selected games (including daily stadium tours linked to history) distributed via local schools (throughout the WM and beyond) rather than empty seats in games. The next generation of support needs to be grown. Visibly proactive in the community. Make what is done visible in the media, act like the largest club in the midlands. Aim to never have less than 35 000 in the stadium for league games. Empty seats tell a story. Wolves will sell out every home game.

Years ago the Villa flag and the opposition flew above the Holte pub. It looked great bring it back

What management structure will they be implementing to best ensure future success and sustainability of the club?

I asked Keith Wyness, on a WM phone-in if he could confirm that every match day worker, whether employed directly or through an agency was guaranteed the living wage (as opposed to the minimum wage). He gave a one word answer - “Yes”. Could the FCG verify this at the next meeting?

Regarding the top tier of the Trinity Road, is the new management going to permanently re-open it on match days or just selected games?

For the love of God turn the tanoy down

Can we get some new 'big' screens installed which are actually, er, 'big'? Ours are an embarrassment and you can barely see anything from the upper Holte.

And while we're at it, can we not get the pre-match announcer and/or the screens to show the opposing team? I rarely buy a programme and I find it quite insulting to the away fans that their team is only read out the once (I think - correct me if I am wrong).

Find a way of donating unused Pride Reward points as cash to Acorns at the end of the season or better still dump the scheme altogether and return to cashback.

The Badge brought up several times, associated with failure

Can the club please announce something regarding Seatwave?

This could be a question about what the new owners/CEO plan to do in the community. We do have the foundation now obviously and they are working well.

will the new owners re-open the great idea that Lerner had (he did at least start well!) Restaurant VMF situated at Villa Park? Personally, I thought it was an excellent community project that showed the club in a good light. https://www.birminghampost.co.uk/business/business-news/aston-villas-popular-restaurant-vmf-9476197