The new central library Birmingham | Page 2 | Vital Football

The new central library Birmingham

Talk of it becoming a college annex James. At least some kind of purpose.

As for the outside of this one, I loved the old library and that was considered ugly. Wonder what those who said that think of the new one which resembles violent partyhose to me.

Then again, the Bull Ring was an arse.

No longer living in Brum I don't head in the city centre often and was excited when I heard about the new library (contains an incredible amount of resources), but when I saw it I was sort of shocked. Amazed at the size of the thing, but it just doesn't fit. First thoughts were of a bad birthday cake. Then again, many seem to like Selfridges ... can't stand it myself, so what do I know?!

You know what you like which is entirely valid.

It's an important distinction to make that im delighted there is a new one and that the facilities will be great b
It's the exterior I can't stand.

A bit like Beo I tend not to get into the city centre much any more when I get back up to Brum. I'm undecided on the new library's exterior, at the moment I kind of like it, but we'll have to see how quickly it dates.
But it's a big improvement on the old one.

Not been in to the new library yet. Where is it? Is it on the old site by Paradise Forum?
As to New Street. Yes, starting to look modern and loads better for it.

Which coincidentally has also had an extension and refurb, linking it to the new library and if you think the library extorior is bad you should see the rep! it looks like a warehouse on an industrial estate.

I haven't seen the new library in the flesh so won't comment. However, I was appalled the first time I saw the exterior of Selfridges. I was also miffed that in order to redevelop the Bull Ring it was deemed necessary to demolish Bridge House. It ought to have been listed IMHO. After all, I used to work there....