The New 2022/23 Home Kit - Your Views In 150 Words? | Vital Football

The New 2022/23 Home Kit - Your Views In 150 Words?

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Well, I'm looking to start publishing articles again, so if anyone can provide their view on the new home kit using at least 150 words, that would be appreciated!

Lincoln City, as with the majority of football clubs have produced a new kit for the 2022/23 season. It is modelled by the ever lovely Lewis Montsma on the sales sheets which will undoubtedly lead to more purchases than if it were modelled by the average supporter wearing the XXXL version with that bit of belly hanging out the bottom over the shorts.
The shirt itself is red and white striped on the front and a solid red on the back. It generally fits into a description of 'alright I suppose'. I'm sure it will sell well for the season of its use.
And there you have the point of sustainability. This time next year we will have another version of the home kit. The year after that yet another one. All will be 'alright I suppose,' and be churned out en-masse whilst those un-sold from previous seasons will end up on some land fill for centuries unable to break down. Just once can the club consider more than the coffers and say ,' You know what we had a very nice shirt last season so we are keeping it for this one and the one after that.'
I won't hold my breath as despite everyone wanting to do better for the planet, more often than not the bean counters win over all arguments and that goes for things well beyond a new football top.

Happy Christmas everyone

@Jules . Not sure this is exactly what you might have expected but it might get some interesting alternative views.

I couldn't stretch 'alright I suppose' to 150 words

An interesting view.

I think it would be a pyrrhic victory, for those wanting Lincoln City to unilaterally decide, to deny the club a good income from shirt sales.

Much in the same way as those who live many many miles away from Lincoln, giving up driving to matches, for environmental reasons.

In my case, the shirt I bought last year to support the club financially, has never escaped the wardrobe but has been rescued from going directly to landfill. So I see buying a shirt as an environmentally friendly thing to do.

I would advise everyone who can, to buy the new shirt.

If you buy enough, you won't be able to jet off on a foreign holiday or afford to own a car and so make a much bigger gesture towards saving the planet.