The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 82 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

Ashley will simply spend £5m less on players rocks.
He's already got Bruce spreading the message about us having less funds because of lost revenue from gate receipts.

I get what you're saying but I didn't think it was possible to spend £5m less than zero 😁😉

Something and nowt happening today allegedly involving meetings etc. Also rumblings that the PL have left the Saudi's off the dodgy watch list in regards to piracy.

Could be an interesting time ahead but then again if lockdown is officially cancelled in the next couple of weeks or so then there's season tickets to shift.

The paltry amount that the 'big six' have been fined between them and the lack of 'points deduction' for next season after the failed breakaway league tells me the tail still wags the dog at the PL. Remember, some of these shits were more than vocal to foil any attempt of a takeover by Mandy for the consortium. It won't happen and Ashley will merrily carry on doing what he has always done. Taking the p*ss

Last edited:
Hope and Pray for a Saudi takeover. They will turn this club round big time, starting with appointing a quality Manager. Last time we had a quality Manager and spent big resulted in the most exciting squad we have ever had.

Slap on the fingernails! Probably to hide Masters & Hoffman's own involvement in the ESL, there's no way they didn't know about it! Corrupt counts, the lot of them.

As for the fakeover, another load of tosh, Ashlyingkunt after compensation.

I'd be more than happy if he wins the case and gets compensation as it would mean he sells the club. He must genuinly think he has a case or else he wouldn't be putting his hand in his pocket for lawyers. I don't think he does have a case and would be shocked (and happy) if he wins though.

I'd be more than happy if he wins the case and gets compensation as it would mean he sells the club. He must genuinly think he has a case or else he wouldn't be putting his hand in his pocket for lawyers. I don't think he does have a case and would be shocked (and happy) if he wins though.

On what basis do you not think he has a case? I remember reviewing the owners and directors test and don’t recall any issues that would prevent the takeover.

Granted, it’s not my area of law, but I get the concept, of course. I’m assuming by your post that you’re a practicing barrister?

On what basis do you not think he has a case? I remember reviewing the owners and directors test and don’t recall any issues that would prevent the takeover.

Granted, it’s not my area of law, but I get the concept, of course. I’m assuming by your post that you’re a practicing barrister?

Howay man , he's allowed his opinion or interpretation of it. That line of thinking would mean only footballers are allowed an opinion on football or only the likes of Sylvester Stallone would be allowed to be a film critic.

Howay man , he's allowed his opinion or interpretation of it. That line of thinking would mean only footballers are allowed an opinion on football or only the likes of Sylvester Stallone would be allowed to be a film critic.

It’s on what basis he is making it. I agree that people can have opinions and I dare say many on here know more about football than the likes of Ferdinand and Savage. However, I’m interested to know on what basis he thinks it will all go south. There’s no way barristers of that calibre would take on a case of this magnitude without having reasonable prospects of success (over 51%).

The simple fact is, the country is now as rotten to the core as the club formerly known as Newcastle United is. The current government actively condone corruption, and the PL are simply following suit.

There are plenty who would take on the case as it's a big money earner (long drawn out case). My reason for it failing is the link between PIF and the Saudi government.

There are plenty who would take on the case as it's a big money earner (long drawn out case). My reason for it failing is the link between PIF and the Saudi government.

Christ alive. So you’re talking shit then. We all know that was the line
I thought lawyers only took cases with a reasonable chance of winning?

To a degree, yes. They will advise you of your chances and the barrister will then usually give you a breakdown of what you’re set to lose in legal fees if the other side is successful. This being as you will have to pay your own fees and likely the other side’s fees too.

Barristers of the standard that Ashley has instructed are unlikely to want to have a blemish on their record and would have farmed it out to someone else if the prospects weren’t above 51%.

Whilst there is no doubt risk in all legal proceedings, Toon Raider is just spouting the nonsense he has heard in the paper and hasn’t actually read the owners and directors test etc. He’s given it no thought whatsoever and his answer may as well have been heads or tails.

We all know that that’s the reason the PL will try (have tried) to use, however, people a lot more intelligent than the likes of us believe it to be horse shit from the PL.

There is a 48% chance Ashley will win the court case though.

It all depends on the Judge's interpretation of the law in the case so no need for anyone to wet their knickers as I'm not the judge in this case.

I'd be more than happy to find out Ashley wins the case.

It’s utter bollocks if he thinks he’ll get £340 million. He hasn’t lost that money and can’t be put in a better position that he would have been. He still has his asset and if it is to be believed, £17 million deposit.

Can't see anything coming of it. Strikes me as posturing by Ashley to make it look like the usual of we tried etc etc

Will be another season of Bruce ball and flirting with relegation and probably even more takeover bollocks thrown in there.