The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 18 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

I think it is tbh, I think Ashley would sell his granny if the price was right. He just wants too much money for it.
The way I see it CT is that he put us up for sale in 2008 stating he was fearful for the safety of his kids yet here he is,still milking us.

Even if the sale had been concluded back then for 350 million does anyone doubt that Ashley would be a poorer man today as a result ?

He has no intention of leaving,he's proven that by making more money from not selling.

Aye lets not forget, that he said the following :

“I am now a dad who can’t take his kids to a football game on a Saturday because I am advised that we would be assaulted”

The reality of which as ever was quite different:

Northumbria Police have confirmed they issued no formal warnings to Ashley to stay away from the Hull game last weekend which was at the centre of fierce protests by fans against his regime.

“We gave no formal advice to Mr Ashley about not attending Saturday’s game,” a spokesman said. “It is not our place to do so.”

In fact, Northumbria Police Chief Superintendent Paul Weir (match commander) praised the fans for their peaceful protests after said Hull game (13 September 2008):

“I was satisfied that the arrangements made by police to facilitate lawful protest were successful. A number of groups came to the ground to carry out their lawful protest and I would like to praise those fans for the way in which they behaved.”

So is there any point in boycotting???

People also have to ask themselves the question of are they personally going to endorse what is being done to the club by giving over their cash ?

I can't and won't but I also don't use Greggs as the heir to the Greggs fortune is a convicted paedophile and as mentioned on another thread am fuming that Gary Glitter will profit out of my purchase of Joker tickets.

People also have to ask themselves the question of are they personally going to endorse what is being done to the club by giving over their cash ?

I can't and won't but I also don't use Greggs as the heir to the Greggs fortune is a convicted paedophile and as mentioned on another thread am fuming that Gary Glitter will profit out of my purchase of Joker tickets.
I'm with you on not handing cash over to Ashley and have not done so for what has been quite a few years now. I'm also with you on the Gary Glitter thing and as a curiosity, benefited from being a roadie/security for some of his gigs back in the 1980s, obviously unaware at the time of his other activities.

I am grateful for your alerting me to revisit my regular use of Greggs.

Looking back, Colin Gregg was found guilty in March 2017. He had ceased to be a Director for the company on 9th May 2001. The company had been floated on the Stock Market in 1984. Of the current shareholders, there are a few financial institutions who have around 5% stake. As far as I can tell, Colin Gregg's holdings are not as significant. There are many criminals who will have stakes in many listed companies.

Much as I admire your stance and principles, I'm not going to join you on this one but I am grateful to the challenge to check it out and satisfy myself.

We went to see The Joker last Sunday evening. When we came out I said to Mrs B' "can't believe they used a Gary Glitter track in a film. I hope the bloody pervert isn't making anything out of it". I have a little 'dig' to find out he is, un-be-fecking-lievable. Apparently it's a much used track in America to get crowds going, don't they know he's a fecking pedophile??

Mac with regard to boycotting for me its all i can do to register my protest, i refuse to give the fat man a penny of my hard earned money. I have reached a very strange place with NUFC if they win i admit i still have a small feeling of joy and if they lose i dont really care.

We went to see The Joker last Sunday evening. When we came out I said to Mrs B' "can't believe they used a Gary Glitter track in a film. I hope the bloody pervert isn't making anything out of it". I have a little 'dig' to find out he is, un-be-fecking-lievable. Apparently it's a much used track in America to get crowds going, don't they know he's a fecking pedophile??

They elected Trump. The prosecution rests.

Mac with regard to boycotting for me its all i can do to register my protest, i refuse to give the fat man a penny of my hard earned money. I have reached a very strange place with NUFC if they win i admit i still have a small feeling of joy and if they lose i dont really care.

The fat fucker will not get another penny from me Bruce and I personally see every point in boycotting

I suppose it was just the obvious question to ask if the concensus was that the club is not and never has been truly up for sale

My hope is that the club IS up for sale but that nobody as yet has offered him the asking price

The fat fucker will not get another penny from me Bruce and I personally see every point in boycotting

I suppose it was just the obvious question to ask if the concensus was that the club is not and never has been truly up for sale

My hope is that the club IS up for sale but that nobody as yet has offered him the asking price
Almost anything is for sale at the right price for the vendor. In our case, the vendor has covered his investment, if not the loan, with free advertising of his other brands.

It is also a profit making business, particularly through player sales. There are ways of putting a value on that. What it means is that he has made money on capital growth, whether or not he has taken cash out of the business.

On the flip side, whoever were to buy has also to factor in under-investment in facilities and squad strength, meaning an extra gamble on future prospects, as well as associated risks over future revenue growth.

For what it is worth, my own estimate of value under Rafa was £360-385 million, under Bruce, pushing it at £260 million.

Just back from a week in Auld Reekie,dragged myself into a bar to watch the game.
There were a few Geordies & a dozen or so Japanese manc supporters,the atmosphere was marginally better than the one at the tat arena & there was a slight murmur when the goal went in.
Nowt to get excited about whilst the oaf remains at the helm over the rotting carcass.

The Christmas decorations are down, the diets have begun and the jungle drums are starting to rumble once again, it must be January !!

(Please take your large dose of salt ........about now)

Stories are starting to emerge of a potential takeover (yes, I know). This time it's the Saudi Arabian sovereign wealth fund. Which apparently is the key investment tool of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. Surprisingly (or not) reemerging within this story is the name of Amanda Staveley who along with Bin Salman is part of a group of investors. Price is believed to be around £340 million, according to the Wall Street Journal a final deal could be days or weeks away and could still break down at any moment (probably Feb the 1st).

Some are speculating that the business this window being loans with option to buy are entirely because of this deal in the offing.

If news breaks before the deal is finalised it's a no go to me. With Mohamed Bin Salmans human rights atrocities would he even pass 'the fit and proper persons test'.