The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 52 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

You can't deny this takeover when they have approved Man Cities takeover, Sheffield United's takeover and more so the Premier League have sold the TV rights to a company owned by Qatar who have sponsored terrorist organisations.

You can't deny this takeover when they have approved Man Cities takeover, Sheffield United's takeover and more so the Premier League have sold the TV rights to a company owned by Qatar who have sponsored terrorist organisations.

Thanks for that, billybobsnot.

You would think billy but this is NUFC, things never go to plan especially when certain hypocritical ***** are pulling out all the stops to find something.

Here is the link to the Premier League's Handbook which includes the Owners’ and Directors’ Test at Section F:

https://resources.premierleague.com...4-64ada14679a5/2019-20-PL-Handbook-270520.pdf

Looks like there could be an issue under para F.1.6 - Depending on "the reasonable opinion of the Board, he has engaged in conduct outside the UK that would constitute an offence of the sort described in Rules F.1.5.2 or F.1.5.3, if such conduct had place in the UK, whether or not such conduct resulted in a conviction. - Essentially, guilty until proven innocent and even then, the "reasonable opinion" of the board would just make up some half-baked excuse. It will be interesting to see what provision they reject the takeover on.

Going to try and have a look through the FA's Handbook at some point too to see if that has anything of note in it. However, on first glance, all of these direct quotes from the FA and Premier League that journalists keep passing about don't appear to be direct quotes at all. For example: "The Premier League state that any “directors and individuals exercising ‘control’ over a Club, as well as any shareholder with a 30% stake in a Club (or greater)” have to undergo the test." There is nothing anywhere (certainly on the internet that I can find) that states the aforementioned quote other than the Shields Gazette.

If anyone else can find where these quotes come from or where it stipulates the PL must conduct the test with 4 weeks etc, then feel free to enlighten me.

I admire those with a sense of optimism but I don't believe this will go through. They'll find something, anything will do so long as it's just enough.

If it does then I hope the Saudi's sue the fucking arse out of the FA, the PL. Pointless being in a league where it's ok for other clubs but not Newcastle! Might as well join the SPL.

I admire those with a sense of optimism but I don't believe this will go through. They'll find something, anything will do so long as it's just enough.

If it does then I hope the Saudi's sue the fucking arse out of the FA, the PL. Pointless being in a league where it's ok for other clubs but not Newcastle! Might as well join the SPL.

Thus far, I can't see any valid reason as to how/why they would reject it. They will reject it though, no doubt. Although I naturally hope to be proved wrong on that one.

Ashley and co. have taken season ticket payments today so I've been told.
Llambias was not wrong in 2011 when he said 'You guys don't understand how f*cking horrible we can be'

I have no doubt the PL would love to knock it back, its do they have the balls and the resources to take on the Saudi govt, the coffers are already running bare and the cost of a legal fight against a sovereign govt could bankrupt them. I cant see the Saudis kissing goodbye to 17 million without a fight. As for the season ticket holders being burned thats what you get for propping up a **** like Ashley

Chronicle live chat : just asked this

Do you think that the complaints made by BeIN Sports are farcical and unbelievably hypocritical? As their owner (Also PSG's) is due to stand trial in September for TV rights corruption. If the takeover is blocked for whatever trivial reason they seem to be looking for and he is found guilty, I hope the PL and FA have deep pockets.

As for human rights well Qatar isn't exactly known for it's welcoming nature to foreigners or the fact that they bribed their way to hosting the world cup. Building stadiums was done with slave labour.
The biggest thing is that Qatar was given PL rights yet the country is known to support terrorists groups. Which is why other Gulf states have severed diplomatic ties. In theory the PL are happy to make money from a country who supports terrorism? How come nobody asks these questions? How come nobody is mentioning this to the self proclaimed moral police?

rmasters@premierleague.com

Mr Masters

There seems to be a fair number of people who have suddenly jumped on the band wagon and joined the moral police regarding the takeover of Newcastle United. Some of these hypocrital people have questionable past issues regarding morals that have been well documented and released to the public.

I thought that I would email you with some observations of my own that have possibly conveniently been kept out of the public eye.

Do you think that the complaints made by BeIN Sports are farcical and unbelievably hypocritical? As their owner (Also PSG's) is due to stand trial in September for TV rights corruption. If the takeover is blocked for whatever trivial reason certain people seem to be looking very hard for and he is found guilty, I hope the PL and FA have deep pockets.

As for human rights well Qatar isn't exactly known for it's welcoming nature to foreigners or the fact that they bribed their way to hosting the world cup. Building stadiums was done with slave labour.
The biggest thing is that Qatar was given PL rights yet the country is known to support terrorists groups. Which is why other Gulf states have severed diplomatic ties. In theory the PL are happy to make money from a country who supports terrorism? How come nobody asks these questions? How come nobody is mentioning this to the self proclaimed moral police?

What will be done regarding Sheffield United's ownership or the strategic partnership that Manchester United have with STATE owned Saudi Telecom.

All of this is ludicrous and feels very much like it's a case of "It's ok for other clubs but not Newcastle".

I will look forward to your response

Regards

I know it won't do anything but I'm pissed off by those fucking hypocrites so I thought I would contact the PL myself. Email at the top so feel free

Well another so-called landmark date - this time 01/06/2020 - has come and gone. I think it’s abundantly clear that the PL are desperate to block this. Virus or no virus, we are now into week 8 since the PL first sat down to consider this and we’re no nearer. The time being taken is likely to revolve around legal conferences as to how the PL will defend an inevitable lawsuit.

Time for the Saudi’s to contact HM Govt, I think. “We pour billions into your economy. Without us your precious NHS would be on its knees. You got elected on promises to constituencies that turned blue. Promises of big money injections that you now can’t fulfil because the virus has put you on the brink of bankruptcy. We’re prepared to do that for you in the North East area. We are supposedly your friends. You need us. We are being embarrassed on a global stage with the stalling of the PL and, frankly, getting a tad pissed off. Please appreciate on what side your bread is buttered. You know when you said you wouldn’t get involved? Well fucking well do!”

Last edited:
It's because they haven't found anything credible as OM said earlier. The PL are in bed with Qatar selling BeIN TV rights. Man United's 12 year strategic partnership with state owned Saudi Telecom. Sheffield United's Saudi owner not to mention other premier league clubs with shady owners. There's nothing at present that isn't contradictory and can't be legally challenged. It would bankrupt the PL and FA if they even tried, if they'd found ANY reason credible enough to block the takeover up to now then we'd have known about it by now. They are obviously going through absolutely everything with a fine tooth comb desperately looking for something.

If it does go through then everyone will hate NUFC barring the fans - so what else is new? Would make no difference, fuck them, it's only jealousy anyway. Wankers!

Anybody expecting a coherent answer or basic journalism from The Chronicle needs their bumps testing.

There's a global pandemic, there's also been the focus on project restart, takeovers are never quick . It's going to happen. There hasn't been a legitimate reason for it not too. The Saudi's are convinced.

Not one soul with true knowledge of events has made any statement that this isn't going to happen. On the 07/05/20 the Saudi Royal Family stated that the delay was down to "due diligence being drawn out by The Premier League and exacerbated by the current lockdown in both the UK and KSA".

I'd make the assumption that once certain small things are fixed by the potential buyers the takeover has to be resubmitted, and the due diligence process started again (a clue to this process was given on the 21/05/20 when Sheffield United released an update to Companies House informing them of a "Cessation of Abdullah Bin Mosa'ad Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud as a person with significant control on 18 October 2019.", thus removing a possible allegation of conflict of interest). The complexities of this deal are tremendous but to me the biggest indicator this is genuine is Ashley's silence.

It's close lads and lasses. Get your cans in, get em nice and cold. We're nearly there.

I expect the deal will go through before the end of the week ( possibly be announced on Friday ) hmm where have I heard that before...Reason behind this is that from Monday 8th anyone arriving in the UK will be expected to self isolate for 14 day's, the Saudi's will wont to crack on at the earliest convenience. I expect that there will be 3 private jet's arriving at Newcastle airport this weekend.

Last edited: