The Neil Taylor Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Neil Taylor Thread

Well, I thought I'd freshen this thread up, because, surprise, surprise, the Birmingham Mail has a good editorial about Neil Taylor and how important he could be to Villa.

He's 32 now and coming to the end of his contract, but he could prove very useful in using his Asian background to tap into the almost untapped Asian population.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...-news/neil-taylor-aston-villa-asians-19799553

Bottom of page one so it probably wouldn't be read.

Well, I thought I'd freshen this thread up, because, surprise, surprise, the Birmingham Mail has a good editorial about Neil Taylor and how important he could be to Villa.

He's 32 now and coming to the end of his contract, but he could prove very useful in using his Asian background to tap into the almost untapped Asian population.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...-news/neil-taylor-aston-villa-asians-19799553

How useful will he be to us though? I'd guess he will be off this Summer and he's probably too young to retire or take a coaching/youth development role.

How useful will he be to us though? I'd guess he will be off this Summer and he's probably too young to retire or take a coaching/youth development role.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got an extension and I think it all hinges on whether or not we finish in European places. If we just end up nice and comfortably midtable I could see him getting a one-year extension. If we make the Euro places he might be released.

He seems content and Dean seems content with him too. Maybe he will retire and this is what he is actually passionate about.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got an extension and I think it all hinges on whether or not we finish in European places. If we just end up nice and comfortably midtable I could see him getting a one-year extension. If we make the Euro places he might be released.

He seems content and Dean seems content with him too. Maybe he will retire and this is what he is actually passionate about.

I cant for the life of me see him getting a contract extension. I've nothing against Taylor personally as he seems like a good pro, but he just isnt good enough at this level. If Targett gets suspended/injured we will have a serious weakness at LB. I know a few have mentioned shifting Mings or Hause out there, but for me they wouldnt fit with how Deano likes to play.

Please dear God no contract extension.

When you search for the word Limited in the The Oxford English Dictionary it just says Neil Taylor.

I’m sure he’s a good guy and a nice guy but he’s the most below par player in the first team squad by some distance and I’d rather us try and bring a younger player through or bring one in as cover and challenge for Targett.

The Mail said about a year ago that he could have options at Villa if he decided to bring his playing career to an end.

He did OK for us at the end of last season when he was called upon to do so.

Good luck Neil. Started so well for us but then seemed to be devoid of all confidence after the Seamus Coleman incident. Another great pro who accepted his role this season without a complaint. For all who slated his ability, my simple answer was that he was an upgrade on Aly Cissoko... :hmmm:

He lives a few doors down the road from my Mom & Dad so I've told them to anticipate the moving vans coming in.... Apparently @Villan57 will be driving... :scoot:

Should have new moved on last summer and I'm glad he's no longer back up because he's not been good enough for some time as a player.

However he played his part getting us out of the championship and is apparently a big part of the good team spirit we have built up over the last few years. If he could be persuaded to join the coaching setup then he'd possibly be able to do more for us than he could ever have done as a player.