The National League 2019/20 Season Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The National League 2019/20 Season Thread

Yep, I believe that when the four teams go down from the national league, they have to geographically split them to have two going into the north division and two into the south. I think they must have been relegated with say York, Whitehawk and Truro so they were designated one of the two most 'northern' sides even though they are anything but.
They do even up the teams, but not necessarily from the relegated teams, they just move others around.
In any case don’t think Brackley have been in the league above to be relegated here have they

They do even up the teams, but not necessarily from the relegated teams, they just move others around.
In any case don’t think Brackley have been in the league above to be relegated here have they
I did doubt whether they had reached the conference proper. Maybe if teams are sometimes shuffled parallel to the other regional division that would make sense? I'm not sure exactly how they organise it in that situation.

In the various levels of the non-league pyramid, from the National League North and South down to such as the lower division of the Northern Counties East League (e.g., Brigg, Skegness) clubs are re-arranged when necessary following promotion and relegation in order to try and maintain geographical groupings.

Apart from switching clubs between divisions in the same league, e.g. from the Southern League Premier Division Central to the South Division this sometimes includes switching them between leagues, e.g. between Southern League and Northern Premier League.

In the old days of the Football League's regionalised Third Divisions you'd get clubs like Walsall or Port Vale which would be switched between North and South. according to whichever clubs had been relegated (or, occasionally, elected).

In the various levels of the non-league pyramid, from the National League North and South down to such as the lower division of the Northern Counties East League (e.g., Brigg, Skegness) clubs are re-arranged when necessary following promotion and relegation in order to try and maintain geographical groupings.

Apart from switching clubs between divisions in the same league, e.g. from the Southern League Premier Division Central to the South Division this sometimes includes switching them between leagues, e.g. between Southern League and Northern Premier League.

In the old days of the Football League's regionalised Third Divisions you'd get clubs like Walsall or Port Vale which would be switched between North and South. according to whichever clubs had been relegated (or, occasionally, elected).

I remember a quiz question about which team had played in all divisions. I'm sure it was Coventry City, who played in both northern and southern sections of Div 3 pre 1958. They have also played in all four tiers post-1958.

National League:

14:30: Harrogate Town v Boreham Wood (BT Sport 1)
17:00:
Notts County v Barnet (BT Sport 1)

National League North:

15:00: York City v Altrincham
17:30: Boston United v Gateshead

National League South:

15:00: Havant & Waterlooville v Dartford
17:30: Weymouth v Dorking Wanderers