The National League 2019/20 Season Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The National League 2019/20 Season Thread

FT Score:

Boreham Wood 2-1 FC Halifax Town
Smith 54', Rhead 80' | Sho-Silva 19'

See they helped Boreham Wood to the semis play-offs v Harrogate Town last night Smith keeping them in the game and Rheady heading the winning goal - great for the two ex-Imps and the team getting to the semis - trips to Boreham Wood always enjoyable although the results were not always what we wanted.

Pleased for Rheady and Smith... but would have preferred FC Halifax to win. I was very impressed with Peter Wild, the Halifax manager in his interview. No excuses, and very honest.

See they helped Boreham Wood to the semis play-offs v Harrogate Town last night Smith keeping them in the game and Rheady heading the winning goal - great for the two ex-Imps and the team getting to the semis - trips to Boreham Wood always enjoyable although the results were not always what we wanted.

Can't say I ever enjoyed a trip to Boreham Wood. Terrible away end, thuggish 'security'.
No class fans.

National League North:

13:30: Altrincham v Chester
16:00: Brackley Town v Gateshead

National League South:

13:30: Slough Town v Dartford
16:00: Bath City v Dorking Wanderers

Brilliant that Brackley are in the North division. Perhaps not for much longer, though.

Always seems a bit odd but I assume that they had to even the Nth/Sth leagues when they can up out of the Southern Premier or whatever it was called then

Always seems a bit odd but I assume that they had to even the Nth/Sth leagues when they can up out of the Southern Premier or whatever it was called then
Yep, I believe that when the four teams go down from the national league, they have to geographically split them to have two going into the north division and two into the south. I think they must have been relegated with say York, Whitehawk and Truro so they were designated one of the two most 'northern' sides even though they are anything but.

Yep, I believe that when the four teams go down from the national league, they have to geographically split them to have two going into the north division and two into the south. I think they must have been relegated with say York, Whitehawk and Truro so they were designated one of the two most 'northern' sides even though they are anything but.
Gloucester City have also played in th NLN in recent years.