The National League 2019/20 Season Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The National League 2019/20 Season Thread

Well done Harrogate. Will be a great away day for those lesser teams. Fantastic town for a weekender.
Went to Harrogate v Barrow in Oct 2018. The ground including catering are as different from the norm as Solihull and Kidderminster respectively for those who've followed the Imps across land and sea. Final sentence in my review on The Football Grounds website
I enjoyed both aspects of my visit but for differing reasons expect both teams to again be regularly meeting in the league below within say three years.
Guess my crystal balls were mis-firing at the time.

Went to Harrogate v Barrow in Oct 2018. The ground including catering are as different from the norm as Solihull and Kidderminster respectively for those who've followed the Imps across land and sea. Final sentence in my review on The Football Grounds website
I enjoyed both aspects of my visit but for differing reasons expect both teams to again be regularly meeting in the league below within say three years.
Guess my crystal balls were mis-firing at the time.

Do your crystal balls work as badly as my glass eye ?

Fantastic result for them . Not knowing a lot about them are they well funded

You would imagine so. Simon Weavers dad owns the club and by all accounts is a very, very wealthy man. Let’s be honest, another plastic pretend club joining the league. Much rather have Chesterfield and County (or York or Stockport) than these or Barrow who’d bring 56 fans on a good day.

You would imagine so. Simon Weavers dad owns the club and by all accounts is a very, very wealthy man. Let’s be honest, another plastic pretend club joining the league. Much rather have Chesterfield and County (or York or Stockport) than these or Barrow who’d bring 56 fans on a good day.

My sentiments exactly and to be honest they have not changed since the day Imps were relegated and replaced by Scarborough in 1987.
That said, as alluded earlier I will, subject to COVID 19 go to a game at Harrogate (And Brentford’s new place) to re complete the 92....

To be fair i dont begrudge any of these clubs getting promoted yes they rely on wealthy people to make it happen but it has to also happen by merit on the field. At least little and big clubs alike can go up and down the pyramid. A league clubs over here cant get relegated however shit they are and the semi pro pro leagues are regulated so they can only drop one league depending on state. Be very thankfull you have that system .

It'd be interesting to compare the season spend of the 2 finalists. We're told Harrogate are bank rolled but it would be good to see the actual numbers. Country would have the bigger revenue of course.