The missing 8: summary | Page 3 | Vital Football

The missing 8: summary

Fair that people are at least puzzled and maybe a tad concerned.
We couldn't even find enough players of any age to go against Trinity.

Are we allowed to field some of the Ladies team?
And actually, genuine question, is that allowed at all?
I remember a Donny fan mate of mine often said they wished some of the Belles could turn out for the men's team as they were clearly better!

I remember a Donny fan mate of mine often said they wished some of the Belles could turn out for the men's team as they were clearly better!

Think the answer to women playing in a men's team is no.
The FA seem to keep raising the age at which you can field a mixed team which I think currently stands at 18 but because of the physiological differences between men and women it's debatable on whether you will see men and women in the same team at pro level or even semi pro level.

Fair that people are at least puzzled and maybe a tad concerned.
We couldn't even find enough players of any age to go against Trinity.

Which of course is pure hyperbole, given the US women's team - the world champions of women's football - got stuffed by a Dallas FC under-15s side.

My dad used to cycle from the Hartsholme estate to the Echo office on weekday away match days just to find out the score. I went with him a couple of times, that would have been in the late sixties. The score (only, usually) would be written on sheet of paper and stuck on the inside of one of the windows by about 9:15-9:20pm

Why didn't he just log on to the internet?

Imps news improved somewhat once radio lincs arrived at the start of the 80s.
They had a reporter at the game giving updates every 15 minutes or when a goal went in, Ed Lacey was the original presenter, a very handy show back then for a youngster like me who's dad could rarely take him due to his job.

As others have mentioned, is it not likely that quite a few players have been pinged and are self-isolating?

Here's the rub, though, that restriction for double-jabbed folks is not lifted until 16th August.

I can see the start of the season being seriously disrupted for most teams.

As others have mentioned, is it not likely that quite a few players have been pinged and are self-isolating?

Here's the rub, though, that restriction for double-jabbed folks is not lifted until 16th August.

Correct. Would be a surprise if teams aren't affected at all, and if at least one or two clubs have issues that threaten fixtures.

There is a possibility that there are covid issues but Walsh hasn't been seen since May, both Scully and Poole havnt been seen for over 14 days and Montsma for 12.
All beyond the time that you are required to self isolate.

Blackpool amongst others have cancelled games, some teams have hardly played at all.
We don't have a game tomorrow, unless it's a proper hushed up behind closed doors job.

Here's the kicker: some teams will game the rules and tell their players - clandestinely, of course - to delete the App or ignore the pings (Steve Evans, anyone?).

We could see fully prepared first-teams against badly prepared cobbled-together 3rd XIs for the first few weeks of the season. It will not be a level playing field, I suspect.

I think.something along those lines is pheasible, especially as pre season games have truallists for all teams so all kinds of mixing will be going on. Maybe we're just playing it safe?