The Mile Jedinak Thread | Vital Football

The Mile Jedinak Thread

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
The next new signing for Aston Villa will be announced around 5pm. Good-day? Snags on the barbie?!

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7521318">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

With Dr Tony Xia saying that a new signing would be announced following tonight's game against Huddersfield Town, it appears Jordan Lyden has inadvertently...

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7521307">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Unsure, as I said on a few occasions in the 'Summer 2016 Transfer thread', that uncertainty being down to the fact that I just haven't seen that much of him, nor do I know too much about him.

The Palace fans though clearly rate him highly, and almost to a man from what I read, are very sorry to see him leave Selhurst Park.

Aston Villa FC ?@AVFCOfficial 15s15 seconds ago
We are delighted to announce the signing of Mile Jedinak on a three-year deal. #AVFC #WelcomeJedinak

Great signing, didn't know he was the Australian international captain too.

We had no leaders, now we have two. It has certainly been a good window so far.

Don't know a lot about him but the palace fans certainly didn't want him to leave which speaks volumes. Another experienced and tough character in the dressing room as well. Hopefully he will add some steel to our midfield and will come in for Westwood Saturday.

Likewise I don't really know a lot about the guy but from the Palace fans reaction I can only assume he his our gain!

I'm really happy with this signing! Been waiting all day for confirmation of it! It's exactly the sort of character we need and will provide much needed steel in midfield, great signing, welcome to the club Mile :)

The Fear - 17/8/2016 16:57

Another leader, another former captain, great signing.

Thoughts?!

A good signing I think. He's a decent player and should be more than competent at this level, but I think it's his leadership qualities which we will find invaluable. We've seen the difference Elphic has already made, we can just hope Jedinak can have a similar effect as well. We need mentally strong players - something we have lacked for a long tim now. Apparently Palace players are unhappy he was demoted from captain, just shows how highly they rate them as a player and as a leader.

Suggest you check out the comments on the Palace forum ( www.holmesdale.net ). They are gutted to be losing him:
"For everything. Class player sitting infront of the back 4 breaking up the play, true professional and fantastic leader and captain. You will be missed"
"A piece of the club just died"
"WARRIOR. I'm gutted."

Excellent signing. With him wanting another 3 or so more I struggle to see how we won't be competing come the end of the season. Jedinak just what we have needed for years.

AVFC sign Mile Jedinak...superb!

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7521319">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Buzzing off the fact everyone is buzzing!

Also really pleased the Palace fans are gutted he's going, that's a great sign.

Baggies fans gutted Chester left.

Bournemouth fans were sorry to see Elphick go.

Same with Reading fans over Tshibola.

These are the sorts we need.

Stephen Jay Hawkings - 17/8/2016 17:06

Great signing, didn't know he was the Australian international captain too.

We had no leaders, now we have two. It has certainly been a good window so far.

from the way i see him play in the first game, i believe we now have 3 leaders on the pitch. ross in attack, mile in midfield and tommy in defence. thats one hell of a spine!

Palace fans seem to think extremely highly of this guy which is a good sign. I think we've signed 3 captains from other clubs now so the lack of leadership has been addressed. Good stuff.