The Mighty Braintree | Vital Football

The Mighty Braintree

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Well we got a 1-1 draw from part timers Braintree after dominating the game, missing a penalty and missing loads of chances. Three points out of a possible 12. Is this just as bad as last season but bad in a different way? Gutted.

I see some of us have quickly got over the euphoria of having our football club saved for us, and have fallen into despair again :)

Well I guess it depends how you look at things. On the one hand you could accept any old performance and just keep saying well it doesn't matter if we are poor because at least we still have a football club. I suppose you could keep this up until we end up in the Northern League: at least we still would have a football club.

On the other hand (and this is my position) you should expect the better things than last season because this is a better squad and you are desperate for Pools to be back in the Football League. If you feel this way you are not happy with the situation that currently, the only chance Pools have of winning is to score twice because we always concede a goal (except for Harrogate when we let in two) no matter how limited the opposition. Every time we take to the field we know the opposition will score. I am not happy about this. Sorry if it offends you.

In the first month of a season, it's too early to be talking about what we 'always' do 'every time', or deciding whether 'this season is just as bad as last season but in a different way'.
By your method of writing history, we'd seem to have lost both world wars in advance. But carry on, if it makes you happy :)

Daggers will be a good yardstick on Saturday. Having scored in all but their opener looks like we’ll need to score twice. Think bookies have stopped taking bets on Daggers getting their first win, deffo got them as favourites.

All we need to do is stop conceding or score more than the opposition. Are wingbacks the answer? Results suggest not....we’re still conceding and with just over one goal a game we’ve still got a zero goal difference figure so it’s not adding to the goals for column.

:red:

In the first month of a season, it's too early to be talking about what we 'always' do 'every time', or deciding whether 'this season is just as bad as last season but in a different way'.
By your method of writing history, we'd seem to have lost both world wars in advance. But carry on, if it makes you happy :)

Obviously the results sequence in August last year in no way indicated what was in store for the rest of the season. What about August 2016? No suggestion of the disaster to come....... But yes, I just need to keep repeating the mantra "At least we've got a football club".

Daggers will be a good yardstick on Saturday. Having scored in all but their opener looks like we’ll need to score twice. Think bookies have stopped taking bets on Daggers getting their first win, deffo got them as favourites.

All we need to do is stop conceding or score more than the opposition. Are wingbacks the answer? Results suggest not....we’re still conceding and with just over one goal a game we’ve still got a zero goal difference figure so it’s not adding to the goals for column.

:red:
I'm predicting a 1-1 draw but praying for a 2-1 win. Of course this is Pools so anything could happen.:giggle::giggle:

Of course this is Pools so anything could happen.:giggle::giggle:[/QUOTE said:
Surely not? All we need to do is find out what happened on 25th August last year and that will indicate what's in store?:cool::cool:

':loser::loser::loser::loser:We didn't play on the 25th of August last year but on the 26th we lost 2-0 to Fylde. As I said above, I am hoping for a positive result against Dagenham. Here's a thought: why not post your ideas and predictions on Pools rather than just focusing on what I say.