The Mbwana Samatta thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

The Mbwana Samatta thread

If we go down this guy will absolutely tear up the championship

Absolutely. 30 goals if he’s fit and stays the full season. Tammy used to get 5-6 chances a game, if Sammatta gets those he’ll be more clinical than Tammy.

Oh well ...at least our new multi million pound striker is not isolated, starved of service , surrounded by 4 defenders and is still having loads of chances created for him.

Looks like we are well on the way to ruining another striker.

Was it all Wesley's fault?

Oh well ...at least our new multi million pound striker is not isolated, starved of service , surrounded by 4 defenders and is still having loads of chances created for him.

Looks like we are well on the way to ruining another striker.

Was it all Wesley's fault?

Yup desperately need to find a way of getting some players close to him.

Like I said at the game we could drop Anwar put another body in midfield and play Jack off Samtta.

Yup desperately need to find a way of getting some players close to him.

Like I said at the game we could drop Anwar put another body in midfield and play Jack off Samtta.
Should have done that a month ago. We desperately need an extra man in midfield to strengthen it up. More possession should mean more chances created. El Ghazi / Trezeguet just not creating enough consistently, I’d put Grealish in a free role off Samatta and then play 3 centre mids behind and get the full backs pushing up higher

Should have done that a month ago. We desperately need an extra man in midfield to strengthen it up. More possession should mean more chances created. El Ghazi / Trezeguet just not creating enough consistently, I’d put Grealish in a free role off Samatta and then play 3 centre mids behind and get the full backs pushing up higher

Agree 100% .We should have done that today when Anwar went off.

I think a large section of us having being saying the same thing for a while now. Unfortunately the man who picks the team doesnt seem to agree with this.

He's far more mobile than Wesley and looks to have a strikers instinct, at the price he was can't understand why we didn't get him instead of Trez in the summer
I suppose we'll find out if he's any good as time goes on. I think with me at the moment it's a case of anyone is better than Wesley or Nobody at all. we actually did better when we didn't have a striker at all

We’re worse in the second half of games played with 5 at the back. George Graham said you only play 3 centre halves if the two you have are not good enough. Although I believe 2 aren’t good enough, 3 in our case is worse.

Really does look the part, brilliantly taken goal of course but it's the movement. Unlike Wesley he just 'gets it', he understands how to find space in the box and his work outside of the box is neat and tidy with very good work rate.

Massive shame we didn't buy him in the summer.

Dead right. His movement for the cross was brilliant. In fact it hardly seemed he was moving, but then there he was, in place for the perfect header.

Yep, great pity we didn't buy him in August. A class striker, with a striker's instincts. Like the way he grabs the ball out of the net to get on with the game.

Hate this one striker up top on his own, however, he seems to move himself a lot quicker than Wesley, he is looking like a good addition for much less money.

I agree on the doubling, but I half think it was about giving Samatta a brief rest and getting some game time into Davis. Today doesn't define the season.

Now we see if DS does that though.

I'm not keen on two upfront. One is enough if they've got the movement and understanding that Samatta has. He spells danger, in a way that Wesley never did. Having the extra bod behind helps build attacks.