The Matty Cash Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

The Matty Cash Thread

Well its probably a choice of 50+ caps for Poland and playing at major Tournaments or 1/2 caps in friendlies whilst Southgates favourites are out. So I still think he's made the right choice.

100% - Wan-Bissaka would be picked ahead of Cash if TAA, Trippier or Walker dropped out plus theres Reece James.

Yes TAA and James are both better than him and then there's Southgate's bum boys Trippier and Walker.

England really do have a ridiculous amount of good RBs when you look at it. Shame we don't for some reason have that much depth in strikers.

Well maybe if you had a parent that was polish maybe you'd feel like they were your country as well.
Our Irish internationals circa 1994 included Andy Townsend (Maidstone), Ray Houghton (Glasgow), Paul McGrath (Greenford) and Tony Cascarino (London). Only Steve Staunton was born in Ireland to two Irish parents. Can't imagine any of those four would say their international careers weren't worthwhile.

Our Irish internationals circa 1994 included Andy Townsend (Maidstone), Ray Houghton (Glasgow), Paul McGrath (Greenford) and Tony Cascarino (London). Only Steve Staunton was born in Ireland to two Irish parents. Can't imagine any of those four would say their international careers weren't worthwhile.

The others were qualified by Irish ancestry but I think Cascarino's only link to the Emerald Isle was that he supped a few pints of Guinness on a day trip to Clacton.

The others were qualified by Irish ancestry but I think Cascarino's only link to the Emerald Isle was that he supped a few pints of Guinness on a day trip to Clacton.

I think it was that he was adopted but didn't know till years later.

Two ways of looking at long contracts it ties them to us but it also ties us to them if they decide to down tools and take the 4m a season or whatever ,.
He's set for life now regardless of how well he plays.
He seems a good character so no doubt he'll earn his money

Third reason: it keeps the fans happy upon speculation of a big move, player commits for a season and then the release clause kicks in for them to force that big move

To be fair, I don’t think Cash is geared to do that but I guess we pinched him from somewhere wanting to progress and that might happen to us

Last edited: