The Matty Cash Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Matty Cash Thread

20220907_094656.jpg
20220907_094744.jpg

A carry over from the Leicester match thread. Matty is actually producing pretty good numbers attacking and defending but because he's being asked to cover the entire right flank, we can think of multiple times a game of him getting caught out.

He's a high performer who just needs some help out there, Bailey is much better out wide - I see a way out of this, Steven.

View attachment 60085
View attachment 60086

A carry over from the Leicester match thread. Matty is actually producing pretty good numbers attacking and defending but because he's being asked to cover the entire right flank, we can think of multiple times a game of him getting caught out.

He's a high performer who just needs some help out there, Bailey is much better out wide - I see a way out of this, Steven.

Agree very much the system is letting him down by asking him to do too much.

Bailey is Villa's wide player but him disappearing from games has hurt Cash previously. Also starting to think Bailey is better used up top at the moment.

I like Cash bombing up the wings but not all the bleeding time. We miss the right type of player to cover him that often. (Same for the other side too).

Not knocking the lad but 37-year-old ex-left winger Ashley Young schooled him on how to play right back against city.
Perhaps he's not quite as good as we, he thinks he is.
Too many of these selected "numbers" to prove players are good at certain things.
He's a good player just perhaps not as good as we think he is. His positioning is suspect and his crossing is in need of improvement. His effort is top drawer. Can't fault that at all

Not knocking the lad but 37-year-old ex-left winger Ashley Young schooled him on how to play right back against city.
Too many of these selected "numbers" to prove players are good at certain things.
He's a good player just perhaps not as good as we think he is. His positioning is suspect and his crossing is in need of improvement. His effort is top drawer. Can't fault that at all

Think he's better than how he seems under this system, that could go for a couple of others on the team as well. Probably not helped by there being no natural RB competition for his place either.

Not excuses for his form, but factors in it I would say.

Think he's better than how he seems under this system, that could go for a couple of others on the team as well. Probably not helped by there being no natural RB competition for his place either.

Not excuses for his form, but factors in it I would say.
Imagine, if you will, that you are Matty Cash. Who would you prefer playing wide right? Des Bremner or Leon Bailey?

Young was brilliant, no arguments here. However, because of the different set up against City he got much more protection than Cashy has had all season and was tasked with being "just" a right back and not to bomb on constantly. Cashy doesn't have a De Bruyne-esque delivery in his repertoire but then again the manager should rather be setting him up to either cut inside for short passing or a shot, or alternatively getting him to the byline for a cutback.

Young was brilliant, no arguments here. However, because of the different set up against City he got much more protection than Cashy has had all season and was tasked with being "just" a right back and not to bomb on constantly. Cashy doesn't have a De Bruyne-esque delivery in his repertoire but then again the manager should rather be setting him up to either cut inside for short passing or a shot, or alternatively getting him to the byline for a cutback.

My thoughts were based purely on the city game where he used his experience in the game to master Foden. He knew he wasn't getting forwards but I think Cash had thoughts he should be getting forwards whereas young knew stopping Foden was the only way we were going to get anything. Wise old head