The Matty Cash Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

The Matty Cash Thread

Have to give Cash, the recruitment team and Gerrard credit. He was excellent last season and he's been asked to do much more this season and performed well. There was a period there he was looking deficient but he has really stepped up and produced more end product. Still has work to do because he could have rescued an undeserved point at the weekend.

He's been a highlight in what has been a bit of a forgettable season. Hopefully he goes to the next level rather than 'does a Konsa'.

I guess we’ll find out in the summer what release clause has been agreed!

I’ve been impressed with cash this season, he’s really developed and has improved both defensively and in the opposition box

Recruitment often questionable at B6 over recent times but don’t think many could deny that Matty Cash has been one of our better purchases over the past few years. Made the step up from the Championship more successfully than most and continuing to improve. Excellent attitude and deserves his new deal. ‘Gratulacje‘ to the Polish Cafu!

Great news with a quality player that wants to play and evolve with our great club. Well done All involved, let’s just hope the dead wood or players that are lower prem/ championship quality players get moved on as top 8 has to be the target next season.

Despite our own relative struggles in the 2021/22 Premier League campaign under both Dean Smith and Steven Gerrard, former Nottingham Forest right back Matty Cash continues to go from strength to strength and on the back of a year that has seen him work his way into the Poland international squad, on Monday evening, the 24-year-old signed a new five year deal at the club.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...s-are-delighted-with-mondays-contract-reveal/

Not having it. He overhit a cross in January. Get rid.

His composure has improved a lot in the last 4-5 months. It was constructive criticism to call that out, when I see him bombing into the opposition half and box lately I think something could happen where he gets a good shot off or finds someone.

Really pleased for him, I think as a defender he is underrated given he often has the overload on that side. He’s athletic, strong, aggressive, good in the tackle, a good passer. Final ball left a bit to be desired but he seems to have developed more confidence abs composure.

When he went to get his award he was almost in tears from the video I saw, unless he was taking the piss, but it looked genuine.

Top player. Atletico who?

His composure has improved a lot in the last 4-5 months. It was constructive criticism to call that out, when I see him bombing into the opposition half and box lately I think something could happen where he gets a good shot off or finds someone.

Really pleased for him, I think as a defender he is underrated given he often has the overload on that side. He’s athletic, strong, aggressive, good in the tackle, a good passer. Final ball left a bit to be desired but he seems to have developed more confidence abs composure.

When he went to get his award he was almost in tears from the video I saw, unless he was taking the piss, but it looked genuine.

Top player. Atletico who?

Agreed. I was being very very tongue in cheek with my post.

And I’ve rewatched the McGinn video when Matty won the award, and Cashy was definitely taking the piss given the giggles around the table