The Matty Cash Thread | Page 39 | Vital Football

The Matty Cash Thread

Cash seems to pick up a hamstring or quad injury every season, sometimes more than once.
Guess it will be Konsa in at RB then, although with Wolves usually sitting back a bit, it could maybe suit someone like Kesler-Hayden more. I've not seen much of the lad, but from memory he was more of a wing back than a solid defensive RB.

I don't think we can pick out an individual for that cluster fuck yesterday but I'd like to think that it wouldn't have happened if Ezri was in the centre.
It happened because Brentford went 3 up front and our left back was playing left wing, which is something he can't do so we ended up with 3 on 3. Unai played the wrong fullbacks for a game against Brentford. Not brave enough to play Kesler Hayden and Moreno. obviously, this is with the aid of Hindsight

It happened because Brentford went 3 up front and our left back was playing left wing, which is something he can't do so we ended up with 3 on 3. Unai played the wrong fullbacks for a game against Brentford. Not brave enough to play Kesler Hayden and Moreno. obviously, this is with the aid of Hindsight

I do wish he'd brought on Kessler-Hayden at some point. He was about to before Ollie equalised and i think it was a mistake not to.

I do wish he'd brought on Kessler-Hayden at some point. He was about to before Ollie equalised and i think it was a mistake not to.
Yes sent 3 of them back to the bench just because we equalised, not sure why. Might have won us the game had he brought them on at 3-3

I'm all out for a 2-0 win v Lille and throw the Arsenal game. Utd are not going to catch us. It's a cup I want to see our side win. What we got to remember is, we will be back I'm Europe next season and if its the Europa, its still progress!

I don't think we can pick out an individual for that cluster fuck yesterday but I'd like to think that it wouldn't have happened if Ezri was in the centre.
It honestly doesn't matter because its happened with a variety of players but it seems to happen more often without Kamara. You'd argue the first time this really happened was the 3-2 at Old Trafford where he didn't even play.

It honestly doesn't matter because its happened with a variety of players but it seems to happen more often without Kamara. You'd argue the first time this really happened was the 3-2 at Old Trafford where he didn't even play.

Losing him was a massive blow to our season. We haven't been the same since.

Overall he wasn't great but he had an excuse after missing a few weeks with injury. 120 minutes for your first game back, had our only threatening moments till Bailey came on, scored the goal that drew us level and slotted away his penalty.

I reckon we need better than him at RB to progress further than this and his future at the club will rely heavily on how good this young Serb lad is when he arrives this summer but whatever happens this guy has been a great signing and if we go on and win this tournament that goal will go down as a huge reason why.