The Matt Targett Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

The Matt Targett Thread

Obviously throwing around comments like contempt, gave up... is from people's inside knowledge that SG never said you will not play, i have Young as back up, you need to leave, you can leave. And its totally and utterly Targett shitting himself at the first sight of competition and not wanting to play football.

Blessed to have so many itk's on here .

Contempt for someone who wants to leave to play first team football? Really? We made a very deliberate move to replace him in January with a French international left back with 40 odd caps under his belt. Why is it so noble that he sticks around and warms the bench?

I can't hate on someone who would prefer to be playing week in week out.

Contempt for someone who wants to leave to play first team football? Really? We made a very deliberate move to replace him in January with a French international left back with 40 odd caps under his belt. Why is it so noble that he sticks around and warms the bench?

I can't hate on someone who would prefer to be playing week in week out.

I don't hate him, it's just his worth went down as far as I'm concerned because he wasn't prepared to scrap for his place.

Anyway, just my opinion.

My point is he just didn't fancy the scrap for the position.

So we've signed Diego Carlos. Will Mings look to cut and run?..... which would be basically the same thing.

not quite the same as there are two places up for grabs but yep if Mings isn't starting I'd expect him to move - he's too old to be sitting watching and no doubt would like a chance for a trip to the world cup.

Good luck to him 15m for the man fanny is ok, we normally have to give our cast-offs away.
We are definitely moving in the right direction, flogging our reserves to the richest club in the world

My point is he just didn't fancy the scrap for the position.

So we've signed Diego Carlos. Will Mings look to cut and run?..... which would be basically the same thing.
As MD says, what if Gerrard's words to him were "You're the wrong kind of left back for how I want us to play"?

I'm just starting to think there's no way you can leave a club with good will anymore.

He was obviously told he wasn't in the managers plans, he moved on. He wasn't a world beater, but he never let us down.

That is my take on it!

The fact a buy clause was included in the loan means he wasn't in Gerrard's plans, he'd have been told that so it shouldn't be a surprise he might have said move me on quickly then, I don't want to sit on my arse.

he bottled quite a few games that first season back up. Total bottle job at times

I disagree. He might not have been at the right level, he might not be PL, he might have been unfit, or off form. He isn't a bottler.

I forget the game he was sick by the sideline, rubbed it into the turf with his boot, and carried on playing. Some players would he stretchered off for less.

I disagree. He might not have been at the right level, he might not be PL, he might have been unfit, or off form. He isn't a bottler.

I forget the game he was sick by the sideline, rubbed it into the turf with his boot, and carried on playing. Some players would he stretchered off for less.
I'll just always remember how gutted he was in the interview after Southampton when he must have known that Deano was going to get the boot. The man really cared about how we did on the pitch. "Bottle jobs" don't.

Ahh a Tommy Johnson

I'll just always remember how gutted he was in the interview after Southampton when he must have known that Deano was going to get the boot. The man really cared about how we did on the pitch. "Bottle jobs" don't.
He bottled it a few times , wolves away is one that sticks out. Clearly didn't fancy it that day at all

Yes , last season he was a bottle job, this season he has manned up and taken no prisoners, the talent was there. Impressive stuff, it needs to rub off on a few of his teammates.
Perhaps he's read this forum and thought I'll bloody show them
He was indeed