The marinakis era - not living to the hype | Page 2 | Vital Football

The marinakis era - not living to the hype

I might seem critical of the club but that is out of flustration as much as anything else. The dice is so loaded in favour of the recently relegated clubs and ffp that it makes recruitment so difficult for clubs like us. I can see why we keep attracting duds, its such a hard job not to.

Zach Clough from Bolton?

McKay & Cummings from Rangers under Warburton.

We actually had the chance to sign Che Adams from Ilkeston, but The Blades beat us to it!

We've signed lots of youngsters that have gone into the academy, but successful players like Britt cost lots of money (£5.5m).

We use cheap foreign imports and loans to bolster the squad, but there are risks with any signings - sadly, our biggest problems (other than the constant churn of managers) are offloading the deadwood signed by each manager.

There are risks with signings, but you would imagine that getting someone from the UK to settle in should be easier than someone who has to learn the language, and who is used to playing in a sunny climate. Interesting that you mention Adams, as I often think about people like him and Clucas who were playing under our noses when we missed out on them.

The problem with our current owner is that not only are the poorer signings being shipped out, but we also seem to be supplying Olympiacos .

I think recruitment under this regime has a far worse hit rate than previous ones.

Also the better players we've signed under previous regimes went on to do more, some play/played in the Prem (Antonio, Lansbury, Geddy, Ayala, Sharp etc.) This regime has made far more signings, and far fewer go on to bigger or better.

There's also no context given to signings. Arter, Freeman & Colback are all decent signings at this level. but you sign Coback when he's fit & thriving, not 18 months after he's barely played. You sign Freeman when he's only had a few months not playing, and Silva can be rotated with him. Not another 6 or so months after so he loses more fitness, and you've only a short pre-season to get him up to speed. etc. We've gone all in with too many unfit players, and it's not too dissimilar to signing several average LB's.

It really is as if we don't scout these players before hand, or ask basic questions about the footballing reality of the situation.

Then you had half the core of a good defensive side unavailable for whatever reason (Cash, Watson, Silva, Daws, Sow etc.), you sign more attacking players like Christie, Freeman, Ianwonou etc. in their place, and you then go and employ a manager know for his defensive bias. WTF?

To put it bluntly, we're run by fucking idiots. Sorry, but I don't think they put much thought into anything they do at all. I think they just look at CV's, reputations & recommendations & hope it all works out.

Apparently arter was shouting at the forward players last night saying that they have to want the ball
Good. It's about time someone shouted at them, although to be fair last night he was one of the forward players. It's a fact though some of them are hiding and not showing for the ball which presumably is a reflection of the obvious lack of confidence in the team in general

All this yet CH jumped at the chance to manage us? I dont know if all or any of this is true to be honest, but it shows the powe of social media and its ability to make owning and manageing a lowe tier football club very dificult .
You need a new “r” button.😉

We are now closer to relegation after 2 atrocious transfer windows

Some comments from Jordan thelen on twitter about our ceo

Hired a criminal as Head of International Recruitment and only fired him once story made media headlines

Gave most loyal fans awful season ticket options before fan pressure at beginning of pandemic

Bullies staff and had created a toxic atmosphere to work in at #NFFC

Signed 71 players in SEVEN windows, including a shocking January 2020 and 14 in SHORTEST PRESEASON IN HISTORY only to sack manager five games in

Sent players to U23s (e.g. Carvalho, Ribeiro) for loyally wanting to stay at the club and not leave to Greece

Sacked Aitor Karanka and Sabri Lamouchi who actually created stability and an identity for the first seasons in a long time while intervening with team selection - including undoing all positives from last year (stability, team identity) through actions this season #NFFC

Pissed off the council regarding stadium redevelopment after argument in a restaurant (Oh yeah, wasn’t that meant to be built soon?

I’m sure there is more to come the next time
@DTathletic
writes about us as the toxic regime running our club behind the scenes. Yet Vrentzos and Modesto still have a job?! If only they were judged by their performance as they seem to judge everybody else by

Sounds to me like everyone else knew but fans. Dynamite if true- players sent to u23 for wanting to stay.

Fat man has some explaining to do if true.

Technically both do Arter and Collback appear to be adequate replacements but so far neither come close to Watson on field leadership and organising.

Tbf artur was played as a CF, he isnt one. Less said about colback the better. Being so deep probably didnt help last night cos he makes those fouls every week but higher up the pitch is less costly.

Not wanting to make constant Partridge references but;

In light of todays news...who was the best Dona?

Mara?
Ma?
Van?
Kebab?

Also I know a few of the idiots have migrated to forums new but why isn’t this Fred (PMSL) not being torn apart, I happened to mention that Fawaz wasn’t a fucking god that walked the earth & that maybe we should find out a bit more before putting up a statue & I was told too fuck off & support the sheep or that I had an “agenda” or countless other baseless allegations by idiots.
This Fred is somehow fine despite it being conjecture rumour & half truths

Also I know a few of the idiots have migrated to forums new but why isn’t this Fred (PMSL) not being torn apart, I happened to mention that Fawaz wasn’t a fucking god that walked the earth & that maybe we should find out a bit more before putting up a statue & I was told too fuck off & support the sheep or that I had an “agenda” or countless other baseless allegations by idiots.
This Fred is somehow fine despite it being conjecture rumour & half truths
Fawaz 'tried'. signed staff and players he 'thought' fans wanted.. at least initially. This bunch of farts hasn't considered fans at all in recruitment

Zach Clough from Bolton?

McKay & Cummings from Rangers under Warburton.

I guess our British purchases have been as bad as our foreign ones ! Zach Clough does technically fit the bill of a lower league purchase, though he actually played two of his last three years at Bolton in the championship. No idea what has gone wrong with him, but along with Cummings, it makes you wonder what checks we do into players backgrounds, in addition to what they do on the pitch.

I always look at Leicester. Look how many appearances they have got out of Schmeichel, Morgan, Vardy, Albrighton etc who were all free or relatively cheap. not to mention they probably paid less for Mahrez than we have for each of Soudani, Abdoun and the other Algerian bloke. (Though Soudani did look half decent when he wasn't injured).