The Louie Barry Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Louie Barry Thread

Is it not better for us to have him on the bench rather than someone like Taylor? With Hause in the squad we don't need another lb on the bench and we're woefully short of attacking options once you get past the first 11.

He's obviously not going to start but chucking him on with 20 minutes left in games we're a couple of goals up or if we're chasing for an equaliser wouldn't harm us surely.

What I noticed from watching the pictures of his goal from behind the goal is that he was smiling as he shot. He knew it was in, which shows a lot of confidence from the kid. Having that bit of confidence on the big stage is great to see. So many young prospects don't ever make it due to not being able to make the mental step forwards. I don't think that will be holding this kid back....

Don't think I've seen that angle GM.

I speak as a non-professional goalie here. Anyone coming through 1 on 1 smiling/giggling put me off. Anyone blank but focused didn't bother me. Anyone bricking it, made me smile.

Is Barry the reverse Jed?

TBH dump anyone of us at 15 in Barcelona, and we'd be homesick as well.
I've been sent abroad numerous times as an adult and thought what the heck am I doing here, sounds glamorous being abroad but it's really not stuck on you own with nobody who speaks your lingo is no fun at all
I went to Barcelona a few years back hoping to practice my Spanish and all the bars and restaurants downtown they only spoke English!

What I noticed from watching the pictures of his goal from behind the goal is that he was smiling as he shot. He knew it was in, which shows a lot of confidence from the kid. Having that bit of confidence on the big stage is great to see. So many young prospects don't ever make it due to not being able to make the mental step forwards. I don't think that will be holding this kid back....
Delaney said he knew it was a goal before he shot - that's how confident he is in Barry's finishing. I would love it, love it, if we had a striker like that, in the Fowler/Vardy mould. Being one of our own would just be the icing on the cake.