The Louie Barry Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Louie Barry Thread

I'd rather we sent him out on loan next season to get some real experience. He isnt going to get many minutes off the bench
No point sending him out to L2 level, championship maybe. I think he should be on our bench , he's 18 not 16. The likes of Michael Owen were playing first team at 18. LB is ready for the step.

He’s really not physically ready to play against men in the PL, as much as I’d like him to be.

Some players are physical specimens at an early age (Rooney) and some take a little longer (Grealish). I’m confident that Dean and the other coaches have a development plan for Barry which is appropriate and tailored to him and not someone else completely different.

I wouldn’t be against him going out on loan as long as he was well looked after and the coaching team there were up to the job of bringing him on to the plan.

id love to see him in and around the first team and getting 10 -15 mins in a game 1 chance 1 goal against liverpool when most the game was played in our own half
if he has that in his locker id love to see him playing with players of real quality

id love to see him in and around the first team and getting 10 -15 mins in a game 1 chance 1 goal against liverpool when most the game was played in our own half
if he has that in his locker id love to see him playing with players of real quality

Trouble with giving him 15 mins is picking a game where we can . We have to be safe and the game won to do that. Havent had a home and hosed game since Palace at home and even then we were down to 10 men. And before then what game were we cruising through ...Arsenal, Liverpool. Even then 15 mins away v Arsenal 3 nil up. Mmmmmm...risky taking off Ollie for Barry in my humble.

As per Sheff United in the championship anything can happen last 10 and .... It's the Premier league, you don't dick around giving people 'a game' . That's what you do in under 10's football. If AVFC is serious we shouldn't be giving someone ' a go' or ' a game ' we need to be better than that and almost know what we are getting. Training, academy, u23, loans is where the coaches will know and assess Barry as being ready. The be all and end all is not necessarily how he does in s game for 10 mins. Ots more complicated than that.

Trouble with giving him 15 mins is picking a game where we can . We have to be safe and the game won to do that. Havent had a home and hosed game since Palace at home and even then we were down to 10 men. And before then what game were we cruising through ...Arsenal, Liverpool. Even then 15 mins away v Arsenal 3 nil up. Mmmmmm...risky taking off Ollie for Barry in my humble.

As per Sheff United in the championship anything can happen last 10 and .... It's the Premier league, you don't dick around giving people 'a game' . That's what you do in under 10's football. If AVFC is serious we shouldn't be giving someone ' a go' or ' a game ' we need to be better than that and almost know what we are getting. Training, academy, u23, loans is where the coaches will know and assess Barry as being ready. The be all and end all is not necessarily how he does in s game for 10 mins. Ots more complicated than that.
id prefer him to have the last ten instead of davies im not on about putting him in defence or in goal but let him have a run about up front its obvious he can score and mun utd aways trow there kids on

I think the problem Barry will face is modern football and the trend of 1 up front.

He doesn't striker me as a lone striker. Someone mentioned Michael Owen above and from the little I've seen of him that seems to be more his game.

Owen needed a big partner. I think he actually admitted once that he'd never have broken through so soon (if at all) if Liverpool were playing 1 up front back then.

Barry may well have to adapt to becoming an inside forward. Or work closely with Ollie Watkins to try and mould his game.

He showed in the Liverpool game he's more than capable of playing alone up front. Wrapping this lad in cotton wool will do more harm than good and delay / jeopardise his development

He showed in the Liverpool game he's more than capable of playing alone up front. Wrapping this lad in cotton wool will do more harm than good and delay / jeopardise his development

He barely touched the ball apart from his goal, so difficult to judge on that performance. But looking at him I think we'd have to change the way we play to use him up top alone.
He's still only 17, the likes of Owen and Rooney are an exception for breaking into their first teams at the age they did. Look at Harry Kane, he had 4 loan spells before getting his chance at Tottenham and was about 20/21 before getting into their first team. Its a far more realistic timescale for me. Throw too much pressure at players at such a young age and you can set them back in their development

He barely touched the ball apart from his goal.

Exactly that, if he'd missed that he wouldn't even be getting a mention about 1st team time.
There were lads that night who did far more and played quite well and the all did well for an hour as a team but none are yet first team material, In fact, the captain Revan is on loan at fecking Weymouth.

Barry is a very good 17-year-old prospect, let's get a bit real and see how he goes over the next 3 years or so