The Louie Barry Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Louie Barry Thread

When Aston Villa added Louie Barry to our Academy ranks from a certain Barcelona, plenty of fans were delighted to see us effectively get another one over near neighbours West Bromwich Albion and although it seemed he couldn't settle in Spain, he pretty quickly made an impact with us in our youth levels and a certain FA Cup goal against Liverpool showed everyone what he might be capable of in the future if his development progressed as we hoped.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...ts-creating-his-own-headlines-as-he-steps-up/

Hard to know what to think of his situation. This is the first loan spell that's worked out for him, but I think we could put the others down to age. Not all players develop at the same rate, so now that's he's 20 he's starting to look a player, albeit in League Two.

Jack went to League One and had a similar spell, so that's why I would still have a bit of hope for Barry. I would have written him off previously but since he's finally making shapes, it's definitely something to keep an eye on.

No goal for Louie Barry today but an assist to help Stockport win and go top of the league.
It looks like he’s beefed up massively, it was needed, he used to look like a kid playing against adults but the way he shrugs off the defender before running past him shows the work he must have put in. Whether he makes it as a Prem player or just lower league I’m still not sure but it’s looking much better for him than it was after struggling at MK and then Salford last season

The thing is IF Villa keep going and keep progressing as they are we will need "home grown" players who have come through the academy in the squad.

No point getting excited about the youth anymore as they just get farmed out .
They need game time Silhill, He's in the right place, as Mike said, move him up a level next season, its up to him. That's how hard it is.

Last edited:
Doing fantastically well on loan now. Really exciting to see. Club doing the right thing with the younger players. We are not doing things different to the past, it’s not as if we have had an endless stream of youth players coming through which we are now ceasing to do. The cream will always rise to the top. Jack, JJ. Fact is though they have been and always will be few and far between. If Barry is good enough he will make it with us.