The Louie Barry Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

The Louie Barry Thread

He's starting to fill out now, with some strength to go with the undoubted talent and football brain. If he hadn't scored that goal against Liverpool as a 16/17 year old I think we'd be more than happy with his progress. Players progress at different rates as their bodies change, looks like he can now cope in a roughhouse league, which is another part of the Jigsaw. We know he has the skills and cool finishing ability, so it's knitting it all together now.
We could move him straight to the championship, next season as I think leagues one and two are too similar.

Hard to know what to think of his situation. This is the first loan spell that's worked out for him, but I think we could put the others down to age. Not all players develop at the same rate, so now that's he's 20 he's starting to look a player, albeit in League Two.

Jack went to League One and had a similar spell, so that's why I would still have a bit of hope for Barry. I would have written him off previously but since he's finally making shapes, it's definitely something to keep an eye on.

He did well in the second half of the season a couple of years ago with Swindon. Scored 6/7 goals with a similar amount of assists from left wing but this is definitely another level of performance as from what the Stockport fans are saying he's the main man there.

He's starting to fill out now, with some strength to go with the undoubted talent and football brain. If he hadn't scored that goal against Liverpool as a 16/17 year old I think we'd be more than happy with his progress. Players progress at different rates as their bodies change, looks like he can now cope in a roughhouse league, which is another part of the Jigsaw. We know he has the skills and cool finishing ability, so it's knitting it all together now.
We could move him straight to the championship, next season as I think leagues one and two are too similar.
Potentially another reason we were happy to sell Archer. Barry looks a more versatile player than Cam who I'd say still looks more like a poacher than anything else.

9 wins on the bounce for Stockport now. No coincidence that this run started with his scoring run. If he's there for the year he's going to get 20 at least. I suspect we'll pull him out and send him to a league 1 or championship club. Though it might be better for him to have a consistent season with one club.