The Louie Barry Thread | Vital Football

The Louie Barry Thread

Lord Ron Saunders

Vital 1st Team Regular
Just picked this up, we're in talks with Barcelon about England Under-17s striker Louie Barry in a potential £3m deal. This kid left Albion in July, he refused a contract off Albion and went to Barca. In September we had Albions youth coach take over at BMH, strange how the wheels a moving towards a transfer back to the UK

Just picked this up, we're in talks with Barcelon about England Under-17s striker Louie Barry in a potential £3m deal. This kid left Albion in July, he refused a contract off Albion and went to Barca. In September we had Albions youth coach take over at BMH, strange how the wheels a moving towards a transfer back to the UK
Interesting report Lord Ron but it doesn't exactly fill the heart with joy. Barca clearly think he's a no hoper without potential

Watching Liverpool we are a long way behind on the Premier league youth / young player standard. However we do appear to be trying to do something about it. I have faith given time we will get it right.

he's 15/16 and he's probably homesick, I know I would have been, one phone call to Harrison get me out of here! Plus he's a Villa fan
BBC reporting Baggies have instructed their solicitors with regard to their share of any fee.

Interesting one. Obviously a buy with a view to the future. Maybe also to put pressure on some of our existing young hopefuls to step up.

Funny that, asked my (Albion supporting) mate not long ago how he was getting on, supposed to be quite the prospect.

BBC reporting Baggies have instructed their solicitors with regard to their share of any fee.
Barca have outstanding payment of circa 250k, they will probably say we pay them and deduct from sum to Barca. Otherwise I don't see they've got a claim as he moved abroad and our EPP regulations are flawed in that regard.

could be the next Jack Grealish or he could be another Harry Forester but worth a punt if Barca signed him and PSG wanted him

From what I've heard he chose Barcelona over PSG this summer, turning down a big signing on fee. Still a fair few champions league outfits wanting him including man city apparently. Perhaps he sees a quicker route to the first team with us, his old coach from Albion being here probably doesn't hurt either. Sign him up.

I saw this on twitter. It's the first time I've ever seen the kid. He has something of a Grealish look about him?

Seems to be annoying the Strippy Filth fans a lot so that's worth it alone:rotfl:

From reports in Spain Barca don’t really want him to go but changes in coaching staff have unsettled him & he wants home.
Barca think he should stay & show patience but will let him go if they can make some money.
think I also read Liverpool & United want him but he wants to be back in the Midlands