The Lewis Grabban Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Lewis Grabban Thread

Decent signing. Certainly a better option than McCormack or Gabby and is probably more of a natural replacement for Hogan than Davis is (without changing the way we play).

I know we don't like loans but this one makes perfect sense as cover until Kodjia is back then send him back to Bournemouth with a pat on the back.

My sentiments too Deano. With the FFP constraints, and loan was the only option. He wasn't our first choice if all the rumours were right, but a guy who can score 12 goals for a struggling Sunderland has got to be a good move under the circumstances.

I can't believe I'm the first so say that I hope he'll be "grabban" us a hat full of goals.

Another loan......where's the money from the Amavi deal? Weren't we supposed to get that this month or has that been paid to us and was swallowed up elsewhere to balance the books? Or are we keeping that back for any summer activity when hopefully we'll be celebrating our return to the Premier League (and by God we will need better players than we have now to compete in the top flight).

I am also meh as McParland.

I just worry this is a Cascarino moment.

His last tgree managers have all spoke ill of him and I worry after the last few years of wannabe Spice boys, we may be lumbered with another.

After scoring the goals he has you would of thought Coleman would be raving, to say what he has speaks volumes. We have now got the best team spirit we have had since tge days of Carew and Young. I just hope we havent got another Ireland.

If it a 3 month loan as cover, fair enough but 3rd choice at best for me and should not even consider buying him.

Lets see

starchild65 - 1/2/2018 19:43

Another loan......where's the money from the Amavi deal? Weren't we supposed to get that this month or has that been paid to us and was swallowed up elsewhere to balance the books? Or are we keeping that back for any summer activity when hopefully we'll be celebrating our return to the Premier League (and by God we will need better players than we have now to compete in the top flight).

I guess the 5 year plan to win the CL is out the window.

Very shrewd & important bit of business.

If Hogan gets injured, we currently have Davis & Hepburn-Murphy as back up, that does not equal promotion.

Welcome to VP, looking forward to celebrating your goals.

holtelower - 1/2/2018 11:14

I am also meh as McParland.

I just worry this is a Cascarino moment.

His last tgree managers have all spoke ill of him and I worry after the last few years of wannabe Spice boys, we may be lumbered with another.

After scoring the goals he has you would of thought Coleman would be raving, to say what he has speaks volumes. We have now got the best team spirit we have had since tge days of Carew and Young. I just hope we havent got another Ireland.

If it a 3 month loan as cover, fair enough but 3rd choice at best for me and should not even consider buying him.

Lets see

Wouldnt worry about a Cascarino moment Holte could be even worse an Emile Heskey moment eeek

After my initial reaction above, I have been thinking about this a bit more. Grabban scored 3 in August, then missed a month injured, scored 9 more between Oct-Dec, injured for 3 weeks and hasn't made the squad since. Given that the only other Sunderland forward to have scored has just 1 goal all season, there must be a real reason why he didn't want to be at Sunderland anymore, obviously he pissed Coleman off. Anyway - in 24 PL appearances in his career , he hasn't scored. I don't know, maybe worth a shout but can't say I am overwhelmed.
Anyone want see the Gabby Grabban show ... :21:

I agree with some of the skepticism posted previously. Some of the comments by previous managers are a massive red flag. We’ve now got Grealish finally working on both sides of the ball after three years of trying, and this guy seems to be another Bent/McCormack type. Will score goals but the team will then suffer because he doesn’t do his share on the flip side. Coleman put it best when he said he scored but the team was losing.
I REALLY hope I’m over-reacting and that he does the business....

Coleman is a penis, what a ridiculous comment.

Grabban was doing his job fed on scraps, and he works.

The fact the team are a shambles is down to Coleman and the Sunderland management.

gmvillan - 1/2/2018 16:24

Coleman put it best when he said he scored but the team was losing.

I think that says more about the other 10 players and Coleman than it says about Lewis Grabban, to be honest.

Coleman's main beef was the fact that Grabban didn't want to stick around - Coleman said he only wanted players who wanted to be there. Which is not many, I would imagine :3:

Anyway, let's wait and see. I can't see Bruce messing around too much with the team just because he's signed this guy. It's not as if he's Lionel Messi and we'd move around the whole team to accommodate him.

I agree with what has been said about Coleman, deflecting the flack. We have few options with McCormack shafting us royally.

david-avfc - 1/2/2018 19:16

What’s happened to McCormack is he back at villa now?

Went to babysit his friends toddler.

Has been stuck at the top of the stairs for 4 days trying to negotiate the stair gate.