The Lewis Grabban Thread | Vital Football

The Lewis Grabban Thread

Looks we might be bagging a proven goalscorer after-all. Competition for Hogan or can we go with Bruce's favoured 442.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524202">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

sounds ideal to me... 12 goals in 18, 19, or 20 games for a very poor Sunderland.

Playing for a re-invigorated and non poor Villa team, he could really help.

Thoughts?!

It's a good deal. We required a forward, he's proven in this league and if we go up we don't need to sign him.

Yeah, he'll do for me.

He did well in a poor Sunderland team, he should do equally as good in a confident Villa team.

What Grabban might bring to the Villa party from a top AFC Bournemouth fan.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524203">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

JuanPabloAngel - 31/1/2018 19:42

Welcome to B6 Lewis :94:

Has he signed then? I know nothing about him whatsoever. I know the name and feel as though I should, but ...

Looks like it according to Sky Sports. Our AFC Bournemouth editor is well connected as well, he thinks it is a done deal.

Cheers. Actually, I just looked at the other thread. Made me realise I should check first before asking questions that have already been answered :85:

Villan57 - 31/1/2018 20:02

What type of striker is he ?

(4) What are his strengths and weaknesses?

His strengths have been his workrate, holding up the ball and running the channels due to his pace.

His weaknesses, particularly during his first stint in League One and the Championship, was that he needed a number of chances to hit the net. He isn't overly clinical in front of goal, but will be on the end of numerous chances if you can create that he will inevitably get a goal.

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7524203#ixzz55nR2LtOH

Meh. OK he scored some goals at Sunderland, but as Coleman said they didn't change games. He's been on the move a lot, and doesn't seem to settle. Bournemouth have no interest at all in keeping him. All speaks less than stellar to me.

We needed backup being thin up front. As that he's useful (hopefully). But as somebody we need to change the side for, no way.

McParlandTheGreat - 31/1/2018 21:23

Meh. OK he scored some goals at Sunderland, but as Coleman said they didn't change games. He's been on the move a lot, and doesn't seem to settle. Bournemouth have no interest at all in keeping him. All speaks less than stellar to me.

We needed backup being thin up front. As that he's useful (hopefully). But as somebody we need to change the side for, no way.

In all fairness they have 3 or 4 decent strikers there Wilson, King and Defoe are all capable and 3 I'd have at Villa.

I can't believe you'd listen to Coleman either he has to try and paint a positive picture for the fans. It's not the CFs fault he's managing to score goals and his defence can't keep them out. I might take him at his word if Sunderland were landing chance after chance at his feet but given there position that seems doubtful.

Other than that I agree I wouldn't pull Hogan out of the side for this fella at least not until we see what he is about. If anything someone with 12 goals already this year might push Hogan that little bit more.

According to the Bournemouth bod quoted in the Mail, he's not the best of finishers and needs a lot of chances to find the net. We don't create a lot of chances.

If you combine the best of him and McCormack you might have a hell of a player though.

I don't think Hogan needs pushing anymore - he just needs the service cont'd, he needs the ball in the right place. Still he has scored 12 goals this season which is just one less GA has scored in the last 5 seasons. Got to be worth a shout.

Been on some other forum sites (sorry fear) and the Sunderland fans on there say he is like Darren Bent but more lazy and makes no attempt at all to chase back and that's not sour grapes the quote's i was reading is from when he was still there player. So he looks like a luxury player but as long as he scores the goals that get us up who really cares.

A short time ago Aston Villa confirmed the loan signing of striker Lewis Grabban from Bournemouth.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524206">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>